chapter 24 - chaconne

It was now their last week in Australia, Hyerin was packing her stuff in her bedroom, but she wasn't ready to leave her family yet

It was now their last week in Australia, Hyerin was packing her stuff in her bedroom, but she wasn't ready to leave her family yet. "Hey." Jungwon came into the room with a warm smile. "Packing already?" He asked.

"Yeah, I don't want to rush and then forget things since I won't be back here for a while." Hyerin sighed as she folded her clothes into her luggage. Jungwon could notice that she was sad about leaving, who wouldn't be? Being away from your family for so long was difficult.

"Hey, we'll make this last week the most memorable okay? And we'll be back in no time. Let me help you." Jungwon smiled softly and began folding her clothes.

"It's okay, I can do it." Hyerin said. "I know you can, but let me help you." Jungwon answered lovingly. Hyerin couldn't help but blush at his words.

The two had an amazing time during their last week. They visited many popular attractions, took many photos and went on multiple dates. Sometimes with Jake and Hana. It was now their last day, and everyone was gathered at Hyerin's house for a family dinner.

"Yah, Jungwonie I'm gonna miss you bro." Jake patted Jungwon's back as they were seated next to each other at the dining table. Jake would be staying here with his family for the remainder of the holidays while Jungwon and Hyerin returned to Korea. "I'm gonna miss you too." Jungwon replied. "How about me? Won't you miss me?" Hyerin butted in, offended.

"Ayee, you know imma miss you most Erin." Jake answered. "I'll take care of your parents and Hana while I'm here. Don't worry." "I know you will." Said Hyerin. "Alright guys dinner is served!" Mrs Kang chimed as she brought out all the dishes she had prepared. "Wow! This looks amazing Mrs Kang, you really outdid yourself." Jungwon complimented.

"Aishh Jungwon you're too sweet. Hyerin helped me out a lot. She would make a great wife." Mrs Kang winked playfully. "Is that so? I guess I'll have to marry her then." Jungwon looked at Hyerin lovingly. Hyerin blushed and rolled her eyes, nudging him. "Dig in, everyone!" Mr Kang invited. "Thank you for the meal~" Everyone answered in union.

"Where's Hana?" Hyerin asked, looking around. "Oh, she's in her room. Let her be, she's just upset that you're leaving again." Mrs Kang answered. Hyerin stood up and went to her room anyway. "Hana?" Hyerin knocked on her door. "Go away!" Hana snapped back. "Yah, I'm your unnie. Where are your manners?" Hyerin replied. "I don't care! What good is it if your sister isn't home anyway!" Hana shouted.

"Yah! What good of a sister are you if you don't support me!" And so, the two started bickering. Just then, Jungwon appeared. He looked at Hyerin in confusion as to why they were arguing. Hyerin simply shrugged and rolled her eyes. "Hey, Hana? It's Jungwon. I brought your favourite chocolates for you, can we come in?" Jungwon knocked.

There was a pause, until the door unlocked. Jungwon and Hyerin came in and saw Hana sulking on her bed. "Hey kiddo. What's up?" Jungwon said sweetly as they sat on her bed. "It's only been a month and you guys are leaving already. So annoying!" Hana rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "Yah, I know you're upset. But you know I don't have a choice." Hyerin tried to console her.

"Yes you do! Just quit being an idol!" She replied. Jungwon was stunned. He didn't know what to say. Hyerin simply face palmed herself. "Okay, Hana. How about this? We promise to call you every time we get the chance and the next time we come back, we'll bring tons of presents. Sounds good?" Jungwon suggested. Hana looked at Jungwon and paused for a moment.

"Fine. But only if unnie lets me use her PC." Hana said and Hyerin expected it. "Fine. Now stop sulking would you?" Hyerin rolled her eyes and hugged Hana. Everyone had a great time at dinner, talking, laughing and Mrs Kang sharing Hyerin's embarrassing childhood photos.

It was late and the couple were in bed. "Thank you for introducing me to your family and sharing all your favourite places with me." Jungwon smiled as he stroked Hyerin's hair softly. "No problem. I hope you get to come back here with me again." Hyerin smiled back. "I hope so too." "I'm gonna miss this place so much. It's nothing compared to Korea." Hyerin sighed, feeling emotional. She could feel her tears building up.

"It must be hard leaving your family, but I'll make sure you never feel alone. And I'll make sure that you always feel at home." Jungwon said softly as he wiped her tears. Hyerin smiled hearing his response. The two were cuddled up in each other's arms and drifted off to sleep.

The next morning, they were getting ready to leave. "Babe! Let's go! The taxi is here." Jungwon called for Hyerin. "I'm coming!" Hyerin answered frantically as she came downstairs with her luggage. The two loaded their stuff into the taxi as Hyerin's family stood at the front yard.

Hyerin hugged each one of them and didn't let go for a while. "I'm gonna miss you guys so much. I promise to call and come home whenever I can okay?" Hyerin sniffed. "Aigoo my baby. Take care of yourself okay? Eat your meals and whenever you're having a hard time just call us." Mrs Kang sniffed as well, unable to control her tears.

"I will. Hana, look after eomma and appa okay? Be good." Hyerin hugged Hana who was on the verge of crying. "Jungwon ah, I trust that you'll take good care of my girl." Mr kang looked at Jungwon who nodded. "Of course, I will." Jungwon smiled.

"Bye Jungwon! Come and visit us whenever you want okay?" Mrs Kang hugged Jungwon. "I will, thank you for welcoming me into your home. Take care, Hana! Study well!" Jungwon gave Hana a high five before opening the taxi door for Hyerin.

"Bye guys! I love you!" Hyerin waved as she got into the taxi, Jungwon following her. "We love you too!"

The car started and they headed towards the airport. Hyerin finally broke down, letting all her tears that she was fighting back roll down her cheeks. Jungwon glanced at her, putting his arm around her and put her head on his shoulder. He wiped her tears and stroked her hair softly as they head to their destination.