chapter 35 - believe

The following day

The following day.

"Hey, sweetheart. We've safely arrived. What are you up to?" Jungwon spoke over the phone. "Hey love, that's good to hear. I'm at the photoshoot right now." Hyerin replied as she was getting her hair touched up.

"Really? I can't wait to see the photos. I bet you'll look beautiful in them." He said, smiling through the phone. "Pfft.. no." She chuckled. "Have you eaten?" He asked. "Not yet, we've been here all morning. How about you?"

"Yeah, we ate on the plane. Make sure you eat afterwards okay? Send me a photo of what you're eating too." "Yes, dad. I will." Hyerin joked, making Jungwon chuckle.

"I gotta go now, I'll talk to you later okay? I love you." She said. "Okay, I love you too."

Beep.

She went back to set and the photoshoot resumed. As they were taking photos, their manager suddenly walked in and the staff stopped everything they were doing.

The girls looked at eachother with curiosity. "What's wrong?" Jiyoung asked. "Take a look." The manager spoke, showing them a post.

Dispatch : !BREAKING NEWS!
Earlier today, statements from Kang Hyerin's highschool classmates were posted. Here is what they said : "its true. Hyerin bullied Nari back in highschool. We all saw it." "Nari is not lying, its all true." "Hyerin should not be an idol. She was a bully!" These came from their classmates, whose identities shall remain anonymous. What does HYBE have to say about this? Kang Hyerin isn't the person we thought she was.

Hyerin's eyes widened and she gasped, putting her hand over her mouth. "What the hell!? It's not true!" She looked at her members. "What on earth- they're lying!" Seoyeon raised her voice towards the manager.

"It doesn't matter. The people believe them. I'm sorry, girls. There's nothing we can do." The manager sighed. "You guys are going to give up just like that?? It's so unfair!" Hyerin could not believe what she just heard. She excused herself and rushed to the bathroom.

"I'll handle it." Jiyoung said, following behind her. They entered the bathroom and locked the door. "Unnie you believe me right? I'm not a bully!" Hyerin cried, tears rolling down her cheeks.