chapter 33 - lovergirl

A few days later, The girls were hanging out in Enhypen's dorm

A few days later, The girls were hanging out in Enhypen's dorm. "Are yall hungry? I can cook up something for us." Jay asked. "No, we're okay, thanks. You guys should finish packing. You'll be gone for a while so don't forget anything." Jiyoung replied.

They were all hanging out and the girls helped them pack for their tour. "Are yall excited?" Hayoung asked. "Mm, yes! Even though it'll be super hectic and tiring." Sunoo responded. "You'll be fine, just make sure to rest whenever you can." "Duhh, I will. I need my beauty sleep."

"So, Hyerin. Will you be alright without Jungwon?" Sunghoon teased. "Eyy, of course. It's not like we're in love or anything." Hyerin shrugged. "Ohh, we're not? Yet you call and spam my phone whenever you miss me." Jungwon cocked up a brow, chuckling.

Hyerin's face immediately turned a bright shade of red. "No...?" She answered. That made everyone burst into laughter. "I'm kidding. Of course, I'll miss you. I'll miss all of you." Hyerin pouted.

"We'll miss you too. But we promise to bring back gifts for you guys." Jake smiled warmly. "Oh! Speaking of gits, I have something for you." Hyerin looked at Jungwon. "Really? You got me a gift even though we're not in love?" He answered in a teasing manner.

Hyerin rolled her eyes and pulled out a white box with a ribbon tied on it. Jungwon carefuly opened it, revealing a dark blue knitted hoodie. "Wah! It looks so good, did you make it yourself?" Jungwon's eyes lit up upon seeing the gift. 

It got everyone's attention and they all watched in curiosity.

Hyerin nodded excitedly. "I didn't know you could knit, babe." He chuckled. "She doesn't. But she stayed up all night watching YouTube tutorials. She's a lovergirl this one." Jiyoung commented. They were all touched by her effort.

"Try it on!" Hyerin chimed. He tried it on and happiness took over his face. "Wah! It's so comfortable and stylish. My girl is so talented. Thank you, love." He was smiling ear to ear now, he leaned in and gave her a passionate kiss.

"You're welcome. I heard it'll be cold in a few countries, so I thought this would be good." "It's perfect." Jungwon replied, hugging her in a warm embrace.

"Wah, I never thought I'd say this, but I'm actually feeling a little jealous. You two are so annoyingly cute." Sunoo rolled his eyes. Everyone started laughing and teasing Sunoo.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

It was getting late, and the girls returned to their dorm except Hyerin. Jungwon had asked her to spend the night, and she didn't mind since they didn't have any schedules the next day.

They were both cuddled up in Jungwon's bed, watching a movie. "Remember when you sprained your ankle and I had to support you throughout the whole time we were MC-ing?" He suddenly spoke.

"Yeah! How could I forget? I was an idiot for spraining my ankle." Hyerin replied and looked at him. "That's right, you're an idiot." He ruffled her hair. "Maybe that's why I always need you around." She giggled.

"I hope we get to perform and become MC's together again. That was the happiest point of my idol life." Said Jungwon. "Wow, THE Yang Jungwon wants to work with me again? What an honour."

"Of course. Getting to work with THE Kang Hyerin is a dream come true." The two started bursting into happy laughter. Jungwon wanted to make her as happy as he could before he left tomorrow night.

"I'm gonna miss you. Promise you'll come back as soon as it's over." "Of course. I'll be back to shower you with kisses and hugs in no time. I'll miss you too, promise you'll take care of yourself and wait for me while I'm gone?" Jungwon said, sticking out his pinky.

Hyerin nodded and intertwined their pinkies. "I promise."

JUNGWONS POV.

The next morning, I woke up to the sun shining in the window and looked to my side. She was sleeping comfortably in my arms. She looked gorgeous no matter what.

I stroked her hair and admired her beauty as she was sleeping soundly. Whenever I was with her, I had this feeling. The feeling to always protect her. I wanted to take away all her pain and suffering and made sure she would never feel sad again. 

Sometimes I wonder, was it possible to love someone this much?

I had never felt this way with anyone else before. She makes me feel loved and my whole world is a lot brighter because of her. I don't know if anyone will ever understand what I feel for her. 

But as much as I loved her, 

I knew we couldn't be together.