chapter 32 - wonie

"Yah! Look at Nova's performance video from last night

"Yah! Look at Nova's performance video from last night." "I saw! It looks like Hyerin lost her spark. She looks miserable on stage."

"Who wouldn't be? She was accused of bullying and got hate for falling in love. I'd be depressed too." "Fuck these haters. I'm a Hyerin defender til i die!"

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

Hyerin was sitting alone in the office with her manager as she called Hyerin down to have a talk. "Hyerin ah, I know that there's a lot going on, but you have to stay strong and keep going. What about the fans that have been supporting you since your debut? Is this the type of performance you want to give them?"

"I know, I'm sorry. I'll work harder." Hyerin looked down at her feet and fiddled with her fingers. "Do it for the fans, do it for us, and most importantly do it for your members. You're dragging them down too. This isn't you, there's a reason we chose you. You're so much better than this." The manager's words stabbed her straight through her heart.

She knew her manager was right. This whole situation wasn't only affecting her. It was affecting everyone around her. After their little talk, her manager left the room. Hyerin sat in silence, when finally, she broke down to tears.

The tears she had held back finally rolled down her cheeks. She hugged her knees on the sofa and sobbed quietly. Suddenly, she felt a pair of arms wrapped around her. She knew that scent from anywhere. It was Jungwon. "Shh.. let it out." He said in a soft voice as he stroked her hair softly.

Hyerin looked up and met his eyes as she sniffled and tears kept running down her face. He smiled warmly and wiped her tears. "I haven't proposed to you yet. Why are you crying, beautiful?" He chuckled, tucking her hair behind her ear. "You should save those tears for our wedding day."

Hyerin couldn't help but chuckle softly at his words. He always knew how to make her feel better, no matter the situation. "I'm kidding. What's on your mind, love? You can always talk to me about it. I'll listen."

Hyerin took a deep breath and sighed. "Just.. everything. But I'll be okay. Just needed a good cry." She forced a smile. "You're adorable." He chuckled. "It's okay to not be okay. You don't have to say you're okay all the time. I know you're tough and strong, but with me, you're just my sweet little baby." He teased, pinching her cheeks.

"Aishh..you're so annoying." She pushed his hands away, giggling. "Don't worry about me. I'm a big girl, I can take care of myself." "Oh really? I guess you don't need me anymore." Jungwon sighed, wiping his crocodile tears.

Hyerin laughed softly, shaking her head. "Anyway, I brought a little present for you." He smiled, pulling out a cute teddy bear from behind his back.

Hyerin's eyes lit up as she saw it, "Omo! It's so cute! Thank you baby

Hyerin's eyes lit up as she saw it, "Omo! It's so cute! Thank you baby." She smiled widely as he handed it to her and placed a soft kiss on his lips. "I know right? But that's not all. Press the button on its back." He said. She looked at him with curiosity and did as told. Suddenly, the doll started singing 'Bills'.

After it finished singing, it ended by saying "Hyerin ah, stay strong. I love you always and forever, my girl. Fighting!" Hyerin was amazed. "Wah! Is that your voice singing and talking?" Jungwon nodded. "I recorded it for you, so whenever you feel down, you can listen to it. Especially since I'm going on tour next week. This little guy will keep you company while I'm gone."

Hyerin's smile dropped. "Oh..right. Tour." "Hey, it's okay. It's only gonna be a few months. I'll be back before you know it. And we'll facetime whenever we can." He said, lifting up her chin. Hyerin was devastated, but she didn't show it. 

She knew about the tour, but she hadn't prepared herself to be away from Jungwon for so long. Especially now, when she needs him most.  But it was beyond their control, they were still idols after all and had jobs to do. "Okay." She smiled back.

"So, what are you gonna name this little guy?" Jungwon tilted his head. "Hmmm, Wonie! After you." Hyerin giggled, hugging the teddy.

"Sounds perfect. Wonie it is."