chapter 43 - first love

Time went on, and Hyerin stopped receiving video messages from the girls

Time went on, and Hyerin stopped receiving video messages from the girls. But she was smart, she knew exactly why. The company wanted them to stop bringing her up due to the fans backlash. They weren't allowed to contact her or talk about her in interviews, lives and videos.

It made her sad, she felt empty and lonely without them. She laid in bed, hugging her only friend, Wonie.

She never stopped supporting her members and Enhypen. She would stream their MV's and vote for them for awards. She felt a sense of comfort by being able to support them from afar.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

Jungwon never stopped thinking of her. Thinking of the way things ended. Where they are now, he wanted to undo all of it. He didn't care if they weren't together anymore. He just wanted to see her again.

He would happily cut contact with her and never speak to her again, as long as she came back. That way, he could still see her around. But he was losing hope. He was starting to believe that she was gone for good.

He was broken inside, but he didn't show it. He knew she was watching, and he didn't want to seem weak in front of her. He knew he was her source of happiness.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

"That bitch. I've finally succeeded in ruining her life. She took everything away from me. These people are so naive to believe everything. It's so easy to trick the media."

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

Life went on, Nova and Enhypen were still good friends. Even though they weren't allowed to talk to her or talk about her, they never forgot about her. They hoped she was watching them, and hoped she was okay.

"Guys, let's cheer up okay? I know we all miss her, but we have to keep going for her." Heeseung smiled, trying to lift the mood. "I don't know how long I can keep going." Seoyeon sighed heavily.

Hayoung rubbed her back, comforting her. "This is what Hyerin would've wanted. For us to live our best life. She wouldn't want us to quit because of her." Jiyoung spoke.

"You're right. We've come so far. We can't give up now. For Hyerin, right?" Jake added. "For Hyerin." They voiced in unison.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

The next day, Enhypen was doing the Daebak Show with Eric Nam. "1,2! Connect! Hello, we are Enhypen!" They introduced themselves.

"What's up Enhypen! Welcome to my show. So, tell me. What has been going on in your lives?" Eric asked. "We've been doing many concerts and events and we recently just finished our world tour." Jungwon answered.

"Yeah, I heard! How was the tour?"

"It was fun getting the opportunity to travel across the globe and meeting international Engenes. I hope there'll be more opportunities like this in the future." This time, Jay replied.

"Well I'm sure it was a success. But let's get down to the spicy topics. Are any of you dating at the moment?"

"Dating? No." Heeseung chuckled.

"How about past relationships? Any first love stories?"

"Oh yes! Jungwon has a story." Sunoo smiled brightly. They weren't allowed to bring up this topic, but Sunoo didn't care.

"Ah well. Yes, I've met my first love. She was an amazing experience, she made me who I am today. She showed me the true meaning of love, and how to live my best life. And I truly care about her." Jungwon smiled. He could go on and on talking about her, but he knew he couldn't.

"That is adorable. I hope things work out for both of you. So, moving on!"

The interview went on, and they were done an hour later. "Was it okay for me to say that?" Jungwon asked his hyungs. "Who cares! It's already been said." Sunoo replied.

"Don't worry, if the manager says anything, I'll take the blame." Sunoo added making all of the guys laugh.

The guys were on their way back to their dorms, and Jungwon sat quietly in the car. He couldn't stop thinking about the interview. It wasn't like he was lying, he meant every word. Hyerin was his first true love.

She was there for him through everything. She never left his side. And now, he couldn't help but feel that he had left hers when she needed him the most. He felt like he didn't protect her enough and felt like he had failed her as her boyfriend.

I hope you're okay, Kang Hyerin. Wherever you are, I'll wait for you. No matter how long it takes.