Chapter 58

Author's POV : 

Jungkook's heart sank as he entered Yoongi's room, only to be greeted by the scene of Jin crying his heart out while Yoongi appeared visibly exhausted. He knew that both Yoongi and Jin were in immense pain, but it was clear that Jin was not in the right state of mind to think clearly. They needed each other to navigate through this challenging time.

Approaching Jin with a gentle touch, Jungkook placed a comforting hand on his back. 

Jungkook : "Hyung, everything will be okay, but we need to give Yoongi hyung enough time to heal. He just woke up from his surgery," he whispered softly, hoping to bring some solace to Jin's distressed mind.

Jin immediately released Yoongi, as if finally coming to his senses. He looked at Yoongi's exhausted figure, his eyes filled with regret and guilt. Tears streamed down his face as he spoke, his voice trembling with remorse. 

Jin : "Oh my god, Yoongi, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have done this when you're already in so much pain. I was the one scolding you for not considering your health, but it ended up being me who didn't let you rest," Jin confessed, his voice cracking with emotion.

Yoongi reached out, his fingers gently caressing Jin's tear-streaked cheek. 

Yoongi : "Shh, you have nothing to be sorry about, hyung. Only death can stop me from listening to your pain and sharing it with you. And sleep, you know I'm not a big fan of someone waking me up," Yoongi said with a small smile, attempting to lighten the heavy atmosphere. Jin and Jungkook couldn't help but chuckle, grateful for Yoongi's lightheartedness.

Jungkook interjected, his voice filled with concern. 

Jungkook : "We will leave you now, hyung, just to the next room, to let you take some rest. It's much needed for you"

However, Yoongi's hand hurriedly reached out to grab Jimin's hand, as if afraid of being separated from his son. IU shook her head gently, trying to reassure him. 

IU : "Love, he's not leaving. You need to sleep, so we'll just go to the next room. Besides, Jimin needs medical care too after what he's been through. He stayed awake all night next to you, waiting for you to wake up. Let him take some rest as well," IU explained, her voice filled with compassion.

Jimin, holding onto Yoongi's hand tightly, pleaded with his mother. 

Jimin : "Mommy, I can rest here, please don't take me from Daddy. I missed him so much, and he may need something. How can we leave him alone here?"

Jungkook stepped forward, understanding Jimin's worries. 

Jungkook : "Okay, I will stay with him, and Noona will go with you. You both need someone to take care of you," he suggested, hoping to ease Jimin's concerns.

Jimin hesitated for a moment, torn between staying with his father and going with his mother. 

Jimin : " but .. " 

Jin, realizing Jimin's dilemma, knelt down to his level and spoke with a gentle tone. 

Jin :  "No buts, little one. Look at your eyes. A couple of hours of rest will not harm you. Let's give Daddy some quiet time, and we'll be just in the next room, okay?"

Reluctantly, Jimin let go of Yoongi's hand, allowing Jin to guide him out of the room. IU followed closely behind, longing to be there for both Yoongi and Jimin, knowing they needed someone to lean on during this difficult period.

As they left, Yoongi felt a mix of emotions wash over him. He yearned for their presence, but he also understood the importance of rest and recovery. He looked at Jungkook, gratitude and trust shining in his eyes. "Thank you, Jungkook. I appreciate what you did to return my son to me."