Chapter 65

Author's POV :

Taehyung's heart raced as he hurriedly finished the financial arrangements with the hospital. He was on his way to Yoongi's room when he spotted Jimin in a state of panic, running out of the room. Concerned, Taehyung quickly caught up to him and pulled him into his arms, gently cupping his cheek.

Taehyung : "Hey, hey, why are you running? Slow down," Taehyung whispered, his worry evident in his voice.

Jimin stuttered, his voice trembling .

Jimin "Huh... nothing. I'm sorry, I won't run again." He avoided Taehyung's gaze, feeling embarrassed and overwhelmed by what he had witnessed.

Taehyung : "Little one, what happened? Look me in the eye and tell me," Taehyung implored, his eyes filled with genuine care and concern.

Jimin didn't know how to put his feelings into words. He was deeply troubled by what he had seen. How could his dad, whom he knew to be a good and decent man, engage in such behavior? Confusion clouded his mind, and his heart pounded in his chest.

Taehyung : "Little one!" Taehyung called out again, noticing Jimin's distant expression.

Jimin finally managed to speak, his voice barely a whisper.

Jimin :  "I... I saw... something."

Just then, Jin approached them, sensing the tension in the air. He reached out to Jimin, asking, 

Jin : "Hey, Jimin, are you okay now?"

Taehyung looked at Jin, confusion etched on his face. 

Taehyung :"What happened, hyung?"

Jin couldn't contain his laughter, finding the situation somewhat amusing.

Jin : "Your Yoongi hyung couldn't keep his hands to himself, and Jimin happened to walk in at the wrong time."

Taehyung's expression shifted to one of concern and regret. 

Taehyung : "Shit... Are you okay, baby? I'm sorry you had to witness something like this," he said, pulling Jimin into a tight, comforting hug. He could see the turmoil in Jimin's eyes and knew exactly what was going through his mind.

Jin interjected, breaking the tense atmosphere.

Jin :  "Let's gather everyone and head home," he suggested, eager to diffuse the tension. Taehyung nodded, grateful for Jin's presence and support.

Taehyung : "Okay, hyung, go call RM hyung, and I'll reach out to Hopi and Jungkook," Taehyung instructed, watching Jin leave and leaving Jimin alone with him.

Taehyung gently caressed Jimin's cheek, his voice filled with reassurance.

Taehyung : "Little one, what you saw is a normal part of a loving relationship. It's not a bad thing to do if both partners give their consent. But of course, it's important to wait until you're older and in a committed relationship."

Jimin's surprise was evident as he listened intently to Taehyung's words. 

Jimin : "So... if I have a relationship in the future... will I hurt my partner the way .. i mean the same as I was hurt?" he asked, his voice laced with fear and confusion. Despite thinking he understood the adult world, Jimin was still the pure and naive kid at heart.

Taehyung cupped Jimin's face, his thumb gently wiping away a stray tear. 

Taehyung: "Baby, it's too soon to worry about these things. I can assure you that what happened to you has nothing to do with what a loving couple does. When it's the right time, love should bring happiness and not hurt. Promise me you won't dwell on these thoughts. You're still young, and there's no rush to understand everything. What's important for you to know now is that your dad is a good man, and he would never hurt your mom."