╠60╣

" what happened was , that azura was found to be pregnant just after you had left "
Finn said .

Azura's hug tightened around Curtis and he was confused right now,  if azura was pregnant then it was a good thing  wasn't it ? What's with the long faces ? If so then where is the child ? Whose children did she give birth to ? Also if he would've known he wouldn't have left so early.

" and then we were all really happy ! "
Leon said as a small smile formed on his face when he recalled everyone's faces and reaction the day azura's pregnancy was revealed.

" that's nice, you are supposed to be happy . "
Curtis said .

" and then, there was a letter from leopard king that the ape king was distributing some fluid that was beneficial for females , azura and Noah and Leon went there,  got into a small fight with some other female who happened to be someone who was my brother's daughter "
Winston said .

" then?"
Curtis said as he raised a brow? What's with that female?

Everyone's expression was really unsettling.

" the ape king suggested that he sends some males for azura for some reason even though we had declined , we beat those males up and kicked them out and asked him to send only tetra marked beasts "
Noah said as he laughed a little .

Azura had buried herself in Curtis's arms .

" and then everything was going peacefully until one day Regis was sent here and then after him some beastman was sent saying that the leopard king had asked for Noah to come to his palace as leopard queen's health was'nt good ."
Finn said as he pointed towards Regis.  Everyone knew that he didn't mean to blame Regis or anything  .

" don't they have a healer ? Why would they need noah ? "
Curtis said , he was getting bad vibes because of this .

" just listen "
Asher told Curtis who nodded.

" then ,Noah took Regis with him and both of them walked towards the palace , then they were attacked by a group of males , they were mates of the female from before,  but Finn arrived on time,  at the house , I and winston felt something was wrong and followed Finn as he had gone out with a lame excuse "
Leon said and Finn shrugged .

" and when they left , another random ass female came to our house and started crying about how her mates and settlement were being killed , auzra got emotional and asked me to go save then " Asher said gritting his teeth .

Judging from his reaction , Curtis knew that something was going to go down .

" I went to that settlement,  turns out it was all a trap set by that bald ape king and his minions . The ugly female took the chance and hurt azura ,  but she somehow managed to run away "
Asher said .

" and then she went in the mountains and that ugly female's males were chasing her  "
Winston said as his heart shuddered and what was about to come next .

" and then sh- she had a m-miscarriage "
Leon said.

" what! "
Curtis was shocked, this was something that shouldn't happen to anyone , not just azura . Many unfortunate things happened  , his eyes went to azura in his arms .

He was glad that she had fallen asleep .

Everyone was glad that she wasn't awake , it took long enough for her to get over it and hearing about such unfortunate things again would only result in more pain for her .

" I'll go take her to the bedroom, I'll stay with her , you guys can continue . "
Noah said as he took azura in bridal style and walked towards the bedroom , he too didn't want to hear it again .

" and ryo and Ryu can explain better from what happened after that "
Finn said and curtis immediately looked at the two .

" Ryu found her and brought her to our cave , her body was colder than the ice around her, should be but it was all dealt with . When she woke up,  she asked me to get all of her males "
Ryo said .

" and then when they all came , we all decided to go and kill those worthless bugs "
Ryu said ending the recap .

Curtis was really angry right now,  he massaged his head .

" how dare they "
He hissed and everyone understood his frustration.

It was azura's first child  with-

" who was the father ? "
Curtis asked .

" I was "
Leon said letting out a long depressed sigh .

It was her first child with Leon,  the first child to be born into this family of theirs and it was all ruined because of those good for nothings .

" it was a female  "
Asher said .

Curtis had no idea on what to say anymore .

" I don't know why , even though we were all strong enough to protect her , we always end up putting her in harms way , as if it's never enough "
Winston said as he again recalled his words from months ago , when he said that they were all strong enough to protect her .

" no , it's not like that but-"
Curtis didn't know what to say , winston did have a point but they were no where near weak .

" it's not about being weak , it's about all of  leaving her alone  at once "
Regis said .

" exactly , if you hadn't left her alone then this situation could easily be avoided , it doesn't mean that any of you guys are weak "
Ryu said .

" none of us are wrong "
Leon said .

" we should've been more cautious "
Winston admitted .

" it's all in the past now, remembering it will only bring grief "
Ryo said . Truth was always bitter but it was true  .

" why don't we move to a place where no one can disturb us ? "
Curtis said out of the blue.

" we are strong , the problem are the people around us , let's find a better city to live in "
Curtis said what he felt was right .

His words seemed genuine and convincing though .

" Let's discuss the details when azura wakes up "
And they all agreed.

One thing was sure , they were definitely leaving this ominous city behind once and for all .

" still,  azura needs to know that not everyone deserves her kindness "
Curtis hissed . He was kind of angry at her too, but now was not the time to lash out at her .

On azura's defense, she wasn't actually from this world, the moment she came here , all she had seen was kindness and compassion from everyone , she didn't know that they could go this far , she hadn't read the novel and she dropped the manhwa around some chapters when QingQing became pregnant with the snakes , everything else was pure spoilers , still , what is wrong is wrong.
And curtis was right .

They all definitely needed to talk to her .