Part 18

She looked at them for a bit longer & felt herself smile. Her love for him was always unconditional. She never needed him to shower her with love, for her to reciprocate. She had seen him at his worst. And the only thing that had done , was make her fall in love with him a bit more..

She knew he needed her love to survive. And she'd been there for him wholeheartedly. So today when she saw Shanaya take her place, make him laugh & be happy, she wouldn't lie that it did hurt, but she smiled knowing he's happy. Love to her was watching him smile, she used to be the reason for most of it..

Two years later, a lot had changed, the situations had changed. But her love remained intact. She walked out of there deciding to work elsewhere! The next day saw Nirman calling them all to the lab. New day, she was geared up to prove herself again. Each time Nirman pushed her down, she only rose back up stronger. She could feel her old self taking charge again.

Nirman finally assigned her with an insignificantly small portion of the project and Sanyukta couldn't be happier. She got on with it immediately, of course after she walked up to Aryan to celebrate "finally!! He assigned me this" she pointed starting to explain when Aryan just adored her smiling away, he loved seeing her spirit, her unabashed passion for her subject, he was in complete awe.

Once she got on to it, she was facing some issues, she hadn't practically worked on this project at all. It was all theory up until now, and she was stuck. Aryan had probably walked out for a call, so she had no one to ask, so she tried in her own way only to have the buzzer go out..disturbing the entire team.

It rang loudly into the room,& she had no idea what she had done wrong but it was surely creating a ruckus. "Shut the damn thing off Sanyukta!"Kritika(team member) said irritatedly. "That's why he hadn't taken you on the team. You're disturbing everyone !" Arjun(team member) voiced , not leaving the opportunity of putting her down. But she was just unable to. It was her first official day!

Randhir couldn't take it. He didn't know if it was the buzzer or the people who didn't believe in her. But he couldn't stand at his place any longer. He needed it to stop, that's what his mind told him. But while walking towards her, his heart knew the real reason. No one could speak to her that way! It involuntarily angered him to no ends!

Nobody here knew what she was capable of. Nobody but him.

Halfway through he realised he was about to reach her soon. But what would he say? It wasn't like old times, he couldn't just go do something and smirk about it. Two years apart, and he felt like he didn't know her. He knew the Sanyukta he had fallen in love with. But he didn't know this person. Heck. He didn't know how to have a normal conversation with this person!

Not like he wanted to. Or so he thought.

On reaching closer he decided to not complicate it further. He would just put an end to the cause of his irritation. The buzzer. Without making eye contact,he started to pull out all the work she had put in. He was pulling all the connections she had made. More than necessary.

She knew it doesn't take that many wires to stop a buzzer. She didn't know how to stop it, but this was obvious. More than anything, she knew HIM. He was doing this on purpose. Knowing him ,just one pull Would suffice. But he kept going & she felt her irritation peak. Nothing irritated her like Randhir. Nothing in this world made her react and snap the way HE did.

"Randhir. Stop it. What are you doing"she yelled with all her might, grabbing  his hand in a grip,shoving it away but not letting go, making sure he doesn't do what he was doing again.

He looked at her & then at their hands. But he wasn't as shocked as the others. Who hadn't seen her fight this way ever. She had never raised her voice this much,but HE knew. This was HER, the one he knew inside out. The one he'd left.

"Ive heard it all before atleast a million times,
I'm not one to forget, you know"
-SELENA. Same old love :)