Part 33

"It's been two months and 8days today. Since I walked away..since you left me..since you made me lose faith in us. I had so many plans ,so much I wanted to do with you ,so much of the world I wanted to see with you,so much I wanted to achieve having you by my side..you were the only family I had.
But I know I'm better off without one..I'll never trust again Sanyukta ..thank you for teaching me the same lesson my mom taught me..

I had thought you were different,that we were different. I was a fool to let you in.."

Shanayas hand shivered as she began to read and explore the depth of their love. The part of him she never knew existed.

"Five months Sanyukta. I'm doing well now,I feel like I don't miss you..but just maybe having you around..well that's okay. It's normal right? You were with me for 4 years..it's Normal to miss someone you met daily..

I don't miss the others that much though..just Parth. Does parth ring a bell? Yeah the second most important person to me ..you took him away.

You took it all away that day Sanyukta. Him,us,my life. "

Shanaya had begun to cry..he clearly missed Sanyukta all the time. Even though few of his letters had been phrases like "I hate you.." He would never stop just there..he would keep writing to her more and more..maybe to him it felt like he was talking to Sanyukta ..that she was there before him and he wanted her to react so bad.

"8months ..I'm really getting good at this Sanyukta..also Happy Anniversary,I hope you're married life is treating you well.

Of course it is,I'm not present in it anymore..you've stopped trying to contact me in the past few weeks..given up it seems. So that was your love..8 months ?Deserves an applause.

Maybe you'll move on now,that would've affected me few months back but now I just feel sorry for the guy you'll be with.

And you can try,try all you want to find the kind of relationship we had. The kind of love I held in my heart for you..but you won't find it. "

That's when Shanaya found her phone ringing..Sanyukta had come into the room and slept without saying a word. "It's me Aryan ..I want those letters tomorrow once you're done reading..and is she back ?" He quizzed..

"Yes..and I'll give it to you meet me in the common corridor by 7am.." She whispered not wanting to wake anyone up..

She spent the rest of the night reading the print outs Aryan had handed to her..the latest letter was of the day when they first met again at ISRC.

"Two years and you're still the same. You look exactly like the girl for whom I lost all of myself ,the who would make my day by just smiling,the person whose touch was the only thing I craved for all day..the one who could make me smile even at my worst ,whose life was more mine than your own.

You look the same,but that's all. It's just the shell ..you're not that person anymore.

Why are you back? I've been through enough,I'm not sure I can handle another test. I don't want to break down. I've got Shanaya now..she makes me happy..she's very stupid though..introducing us..

It's been two years and saying Im over you would be the most obvious thing. I didn't even wish for you to come back..I wasn't even hoping to ever see your face again. Or to touch your hand again ..or to feel like I don't need anyone else to live..I could've lived without that feeling..

Maybe.
Atleast you've done okay. You look fine. Certainly moved on..no ring. Not that I expected it ..you're probably with someone else now.

And look ,now I'm smiling..it doesn't matter to me who you're with or what you've done with you're life.

Never thought I'd feel this way ..but now you're just somebody that I used to know. "

Shanaya crushed the letter into her palms and started to sob into her pillow. Just by reading the words of "how he was over her" made her realise all the more about how much he wasn't. Infact he had written in detail everything he truly wanted to this day just prefixing it with "not that I want to.."

"But I don't wanna live that way
Reading into every word you say
You said that you could let it go
And I wouldn't catch you hung up on somebody that you used to know"

Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know