Part 37

"And when you're weak I'll be strong
I'm gonna keep holding on
Now don't you worry, it won't be long
Darling, and when you feel like hope is gone
Just run into my arms

I'm only one call away. "
-One Call Away , Charlie Puth.

She smiled throughout most of them..at his empty threats and the I Hate Yous. She could even imagine him sitting like a child ,stuffing his face up with anger ,hoping she would come around and make it all okay. "I had told you once that you're my own family Sanyukta ,I had meant that! Now look it's true. Even physically or for name sake purposes I don't have anyone. And I don't even have you!!"

She sobbed reading another one of his hate letters to her..they were all addressed to her ..the only person he wanted to talk to or to be heard by was her. She was his healer. She knew that and she felt another pang of guilt "I shouldn't have stopped looking for you Randhir .." She cried into the letter..forgetting Aryans presence completely.

Meanwhile inside the room Shanaya had taken the ring off. She didn't want anything to do with it after seeing the way he had reacted. He could see her cry but right now she didn't matter. And he hated the nagging feeling of Sanyukta out there with Aryan misbehaving. It was all going downhill. "Here take it! I guess this means a lot to you!! " she said handing the ring to him..

He held it In his palm for a few minutes closing his eyes to take in how much this was hurting him in the moment. Why couldn't she just have thrown it ? Like she threw away their relationship. Why did she have to stick with the material things! Why did she have to pretend that it still mattered to her! And why had Shanaya opened this topic ..it hurt so bad. Probably Shanaya deserved to know,none of This was her fault..

He could feel himself calm down and breathe normally again and he decided to apologise.."Shanaya umm I'm really S..." She didn't let him finish. She removed the picture from under the covers and held it before his face. She didn't want apologies , she wanted answers. Even if they were painful. Even if she lost her Shekhu in the process. Maybe he was never hers in the first place ..

"Here nice throwback picture right ? I found this too ,with the ring! She didn't give me anything..I found both! Looked like a nice group you had back then..your life looked perfect Shekhu "she wasn't going to stop today. She saw his hands shiver in pain & fear to now look back at the piece of photography.

Those were back to back hits ,straight hits, haunting him back to his past. Pulling out the wounds that he had taken so much time and effort to cover..only cover ,not heal. They Couldn't be healed. He crashed down on the bed holding the photo.."why are you doing this Shanaya ? What are you doing! Why are you hurting me like she did? Like Sanyukta did!! You could've just asked me!"

He broke down ,not once looking away from the picture. They looked so happy in it,looking at each other as everyone else posed for the camera..lost in their bubble. That's how they lived life. With that genuine smile. He had forgotten how to smile that way,without a care of the world ,the smile which said everything else was a blur.

"You'll were married ?! You forgot to mention that on the day I introduced you to her. Slipped your mind?" Shanaya asked sarcastically ! And he broke some more. It was all coming back ,she was bringing back all the pain by talking about it. Even Sanyukta's presence didn't hurt as much as merely talking about his past.

He hid his face within the photo and cried into it!! "Stop it please,just stop..please I'm begging you!" He whispered at first ..And Shanaya could hear the sincerity in his voice. And then he began to shout it out in pain " you're research was quite extensive.." He said looking up at her sarcastically..

"Yes , yes, yes.. We were in love , she was my everything , we were married. Are you happy now? Do you want the anniversary date? Will it make you feel better? Will it make you smile harder watching me in pain? You want secrets? Well this is it! Sanyukta is the only secret of my life -And the secret is She Was My Life. And I left when I felt her love wasn't the type of love I wanted. She wasn't the girl for me. "

His voice softened towards the end,still not able to stand the pain of them being apart ..it hurt to this day. It hurt as bad as it did on the day he left.