Part 30

"I wish we had another time,
I wish we had another place,
But everything we have is stuck in the moment,
And there's nothing my heart can do
To fight with time and space,
'Cause I'm still stuck in the moment with you"

"But .."the doctor was about to confirm when Randhir slid his hand from her arms to her waist,pulling her closer..and she found herself crushed in his hold..holding his shoulder,her face snuggled in his tee..she stood there numb.Not believing what he just uttered..

"Just get on with it. Our relationship is confidential, we don't want anyone in the premises to know..I hope you keep it that way. " Randhir uttered with what looked like confidence & a casual voice ..but she knew..his voice could've cracked any moment..he had really gotten good at this.

"Okay sign This.." The doc brought out her papers & gave it to Randhir..who snatched it from him hand,still holding her close to his frame as tightly as he could with one hand.
"Here. Done. "

The doc moved closer applying the cool liquid and her body immediately tensed up. As if her emotional turmoil at the moment wasn't enough.."Nooo.." They could hear her muffled sob as she cried into his tee shirt. "Sanyukta please..it'll be okay "he assured her now rubbing her back..consoling her like he used to.Always.

FB :
"Sanyukta it's me.. I'll get you out of here.."Randhir had affirmed from outside the door,the kidnappers had been holding her inside a dingy room.."wait I'll help you .."she responded strongly now..her courage stronger than ever. His voice,his presence in a difficult situation was her solace.

She could fight it all if she knew he was there by her side..She had kept herself going,fighting the goons,trying to escape.All of it cz she knew her Randhir would be looking for her,and she could never disappoint him..

Entering inside he embraced her wholly and for the first time in more than a day ,did she feel her body relax,surrender,let go. He was here. "I knew you must be looking for me..that's the only reason I kept fighting Randhir. I knew you would come" she spoke holding him close.

And he smiled, kissing her cheek and her forehead. She could fight the worst,most challenging fears when he held her that way.
..............

He only snapped out of it on feeling the sharp pain  ,as she dug her nails Into his injured shoulder & pushed her face into his chest further..He took it all,still drawing circles on her back, not moving an inch. He was her pillar.

After it was done,the doc put a cotton at the spot which Randhir immediately took from his hands and held in place. Only when he felt her breathing become normal ,did he collapse on the bed behind them ,not letting his hold on her loosen..but he couldn't stand his pain any longer ..

On seeing his face she knew he was in immense pain and she took her hand off his shoulder ..examining it "Ahhh don't .." He groaned trying to get up,but she held his face on her hands and made him sit back down.."doctor I think we need another shot here.." She said signalling at his shoulder..looking at the purplish bump which had her nail marks ..

Why didn't he ever say anything?why did he have to beat all of the pain alone ? Why didn't he feel his pain was as important ..?Why did he always have to put her pain over his? She knew she had made it worse,it must have killed him but he stood there,for her,always,whenever she needed Him,He was there.

"I don't need it .."he told the doc who was approaching him..and she glared at him "What? I don't! I'm not weak like you.."he tried only to have her hand crawl to the back oh his head,clutching the hair there and give it a tug "Don't make me do what you did.." She spoke determination clear in her stance..

"Go ahead .." She signalled the doctor,as Randhir decided not to mess with her anymore..she dragged his tee over his shoulder and held it there giving the doctor easy access ..her other hand rested on his neck..

This was the girl he had fallen for,the headstrong ,have it my way girl. The only one who dared to mess with Randhir,the only one who could shut him up,who could play his tricks better than him, who could make his plans backfire,who would do all of this just to make sure he was alright,who looked after him when everyone else gave up..who made him feel that HIS life and well being was important too..that it mattered to someone more than anything else in the world ..

He watched her closely,as she observed the injection and then squeezed her own eyes shut when it pierced through his skin. He didn't cringe even a bit but he adored how her face scrunched up,her grip tightened on his neck..And he almost chuckled at her cuteness.

She always felt HIS pain more than He himself did.

A/N : credits of the cover picture of this chapter go to the cutest Rehab❤️ she's just too damn sweet and her edits always blow my mind :') SO APT. Thanks Reh :*