Part 31

"I miss you..
I miss your smile..
And I still shed a tear,every once in a while.."

When Shanaya reached the room..Aryan had already started pulling down the bedsheets of Sanyukta's bed. He looked like he was having a fit.."Aryan calm down..they have a history..we know that..there's no point stressing about it without knowing it all..plus working like this makes you less efficient!"

Shanaya tried placing her hand on his shoulders..but he shrugged it away .."go..her cupboard. Right now..I didn't feel it was appropriate to check that as a guy.."he spoke into thin air..just wanting to know desperately what was up. This was the first time he felt so restless while investigating..it hadn't ever been so hard.

Maybe it just hadn't been so important. It was never personal. Until today. Matters about Sanyukta were of utmost importance to him.

Shanaya wasn't all that worked up but she was curious. She thought she knew Randhir inside out but everyday in ISRC was a new shade. New day, new Randhir. Rather old Randhir,maybe she was the 'new' factor of his life ..

Pushing the cupboard wide open..she went through her clothes,bags,certificates,documents,accessories.."wow I love these!!" She cooed admiring the neck piece she just found. Aryan looked towards her incredulously. Was she for real? They could get caught at any time. They were here for such an important reason and she just had no focus..

"Do you hear yourself? Do you even care about Randhir or his past?whats with you ?we aren't playing a game.."he started to lecture but she snapped at him midway. "This is how I work! This is how my mind stays fresh ,I can think faster when I'm happy. Not when I'm an emotional wreck. Not when I'm like well..YOU!"

And he kept mum. He was annoyed but She was right. He was practically thinking about a 1000 outcomes and the effort he had put in till now just hadn't been fruitful. He then decided to do what he's best at "okay Shanaya just look through everything throughly ..ill try getting Randhir's phone or laptop" he said walking out..

She went back to admiring the neckpiece and then placed it carefully back in its place..seeing more accessories the girl in her was now completely distracted ."she's got really pretty stuff..I should ask her if I can borrow it sometime.." She thought while arranging everything she had picked up..

She didn't know when Her bracelet got stuck to the paper on which she had just arranged all the jewellery..as she turned..it all came crashing down to the floor..along with a maroon necklace box. "Shit. I think that must be expensive. I hope it didn't break" she was now regretting not listening to Aryan. She should've focussed!

Opening the box to check..she first saw a ring..a pretty one. Holding it she looked twirled it around and concluded it wasn't original diamond "why has she kept a normal material ring so safely?" She went to put it back in the box..and that's when she saw it.

That's when she felt like maybe she wouldn't be able to survive this truth. That maybe she shouldn't have taken this up..that maybe some secrets were better untold. That some mysteries were better uncovered. That some lies hurt a lot lesser than having to stare right at the truth..

The box held their entire past. Sanyukta's and Randhir's. ALL of which was reduced to this small box today.

A photo. A selfie. A wedding selfie. Of them. And their friends. With her looking exquisite in her bridal wear. With him looking flawless in his. With their friends looking so happy for them. With the two of them looking at each other even in the selfie.

Shanaya felt her entire being shiver and then hit the floor as she held ,what used to be "a happily ever " In her hands.

"And even though we're different now..
You're still here somehow..
My heart won't let you go..
And I need you to know. "
-Miss you,throwback. Hannah Montana.

A/N :
Okay so I wrote this chapter in the evening at my work place 😅 and apparently something regarding the ring happened/is going to happen on the show ? 😱
HONESTLY, that's just crazy AF!
Need to totally catch the episode soon!!