Part 24

"Where our eyes never closing ..
Hearts never broken..
Times forever frozen .."

As he looked on holding the stick which held his marshmallow. Which Shanaya had got and just the both of them were sharing. Charred marshmallows were her favourite, Randhir and her often enjoyed it together. It was one of their things. But today his heart and mind were captivated with the sight before him. Aryan and Sanyukta. His Sanyukta.

His Sanyukta and he would play this game just because well all their actions had one purpose. Love. Adoring each other in the form of a game?! Why not! Life was perfect. As he looked on today,his marshmallow melted and turned charred black. It felt ignored just as she felt. Shanaya. She could see his entire existence resonate with pain but all he did was look on..

Like a personal game of "who blinks first".

Now she was even more sure. But was it just Randhir? What about Sanyukta ? Amidst her thoughts she saw his stick catch fire and he had no notice of it...he didn't feel the flames rise. He didn't feel the heat of the fire. The only affect it had were the tears clogging his sight. But he held onto them, not letting them fall..

No one needed to know. Anyway nobody cared. And crying was for the weak, that's what he always thought. There was only one person before whom he had completely broken down & now she was the reason for this. "Stop it Randhir don't , you can't let her know, you can't let anyone know " his mind constantly nagged him..

At the moment it was just him and his sob story. He didn't want to bother anyone with it ,not even Shanaya. Shanaya? That's when he saw her yelling now "drop it Shekhu!! What's wrong with you!!" She was now jumping and hyperventilating in her place.

That's when she heard it. Sanyukta. And she forgot everything about the world she was in. Her family ,dreams ,ISRC, goal, Nirman sir , Aryan, the game, the challenge ..all of it. And she ran for her dear life.

He could see her come towards him, his hand now very close to the flame, his skin almost losing sensation and grip due to the heat but he didn't budge. She only stopped when the flame was the only obstacle between her and Randhir. "stop. Don't. " he said. Rather ordered. "Not a step closer. "

"But Randhir !" She almost cried his name when Aryan grabbed her by the hand. "He seems to have officially lost his mind. You might get hurt. I know you're a nice person and want to help but he doesn't look like he wants help" Aryan muttered looking at Sanyukta concerned. He knew the girl he loved was the nicest person on the planet ..

She didn't bother about what anyone said in this moment. Not even Randhir's warning. She stepped closer clutching the charred part of the stick ,which was extremely hot ,and jerked it out of Randhir's hand. Her stubborn Randhir's hand. And everyone watched stunned.

He grabbed her by the hand,not wasting a second, as if knowing that she would do what she did. And she winced in pain as the sensation of the heat sank in. But she was already in his arms, he was already blowing over her palm,already monitoring her wound. When no one else expected what she could do, he knew she was the only one who would. And he knew for sure she would.

"Why is it always your way?" He hissed as he soothed her now red Palm. "Don't try to be her. Don't try to be my Sanyukta. She doesn't exist anymore! " he said as picked a bottle of water and emptied it ,rubbing her hand comforting her.

His words held so much wrath. But his touch, against her skin ,was so full of love & care. When words deceived your actions , when your eyes spoke more than you ever could, when you said you hated someone but your heart was hopelessly beating for the same person ,when no amount of mistakes a person did could alter the love you held for them,cz that was the ultimate truth, that's when you could come close to defining the love Randhir held in his heart for Sanyukta.