Part 34

"But you didn't have to cut me off..
Make out like it never happened and that we were nothing.
And I don't even need your love,
You treat me like a stranger and it feels so rough "

Aryan found himself pacing back and forth in his room that morning ..Shanaya wasn't picking up,she was probably asleep and he hadn't slept one bit. He needed answers and he needed them from Sanyukta. "Pick you're damn phone up!!" He yelled frustrated and decided to go to her room..

He didn't even bother to knock..walked straight Upto to Shanaya's bed and picked up the letters from under her pillow "what are you doing here Aryan !!?" Sanyukta asked shocked sitting up in her bed !! This was nothing like Aryans general behaviour. He looked so mad,so out of balance ..

Shanaya ignored and kept sleeping. "I'll tell you what's going on,come!" He walked to Sanyukta taking long strides ,lifting up her covers ,taking her hand he tried to drag her out "Aryan stop I can't go out like this ..let me change!!" Sanyukta tried resisting..her night dress was a crop top and those typical cosy wears which are meant for the insides only.

Meanwhile Randhir had been calling Shanaya since last night and she hadn't returned any calls,worried he also headed towards Shanaya 's room. He was about to knock when he heard Aryan and Sanyukta arguing inside. He heard her say "no Aryan just give me 5 mins,wait outside I'll come !!" And Aryan insisting "this is more important than clothes..I need to know something !!"

Randhir hated the way all of this sounded from the outside. How Could anyone force her If she was saying no!! He barged in not wasting a second only to see Aryan holding her hand and pulling her out. He didn't know what to think or imagine. His mind was filled with a million thoughts. How long was Aryan here since? Does he come to her room so often? How comfortable is she with Aryan to let him in early morning? Or maybe even late nights?

"Sanyukta let's go outside. You can't change now anyway!" And she started to walk holding Randhir's glare. Randhir only stopped looking when the door shut behind them..he walked up to Shanaya,still irritated with what he had seen! "What's wrong with you !! Wake up?! It's late and where's your phone ?!" He started to move her trying  to wake her up..

She sat up on her bed groggily,she had had the worst night ever. She hoped it was a nightmare but she could feel the photo and ring under her covers. It was true. Last night had happened. She decided it was time ..she would try to make him say it himself at first ..if not then well the truth would still be out today. Anyhow!

Getting off her bed she went to the dressing table,combing her hair she said "Shekhu last night I was thinking we're together for so long now..we should have a name together right? I wasn't picking up cz I was trying to make a name and I slept only after I found one!!" She looked back excitedly.. Urging him to respond "Umm okay what name?"

"SANDHIR" she yelled!! Remembering the scribbling she read behind the photo now..it must've meant something. And if it did he would react! She now closely observed as his face turned pale,his eyes widened,it even looked like he wasn't breathing anymore.

That word rung in his ears like his head was shoved into a bell! That word meant so much to him. To them. It was the key to his entire past. It was the one word they lived by day in and day out! The one word she had formed for them even before they fell in love. Every morning when he woke up ,he used to know he'll get to see the other half of that name..and that would be enough to make him smile and call it a good morning.

Sanyukta didn't even need to be around because he knew as long as they lived by this name,nothing could pull them apart. And it had worked for long..no matter how many fights,break ups,arguments,incidents,hardships they went thru,one thing had remained. Her by his side. Him by her side.

"Shekhu how is it!?!?" She approached him now..and he snapped out of it. He took a deep breathe,to compensate for the last few seconds he had stopped completely. "It's stupid .Really silly Shanaya,only you would come up with stuff like this..stop wasting you're time on all this pick up the call next time !!"

So no answer. But it sure did hit him. She grimaced. She knew it affected him,she had seen him go hollow for those few seconds..she knew it meant something huge but she needed to notch it up.."Oh Shekhu I needed to show you something I borrowed from Sanyukta!! It's so pretty !! Wait !!"

She bounced about her bed looking for it. And he watched not knowing the things he would be dealing with today. He was clueless and so was she. About the questions they'd have to answer today & the consequences of it all.