Part 51

A/N : reading the chapter again, I realised why I named it the Gala. It was because I had the Met Gala in my head all along🙈😍

For those of you'll who don't know it, it's the high profile celebrity event in New York and everyone who's anything tries to make it a point to go!! And they have a theme each year, this year it was Fashion in the Age of technology.
So everyone needs to dress to the theme, it's FUN🔥❤️
............

As soon as Sanyukta rode up closer to the location she had heard Aryan talk about, she  was a little shocked at the amount of people present there. She thought it would be some closed secluded area where the meeting would go down, but now this freaked her out even more..there was a ton of distraction.. Also there was a Risk to everyone's life here, including Aryan!

She panicked not having an idea of how she would find Aryan? How would she protect him? And all of these people? She ran Into the gala trying her luck and calling him on and on "Cmon Aryan, pick up!" She hoped. Meanwhile Randhir had lost track of her by the time she barged into this place. He needed to find her..

Randhir saw her from afar walking towards the stage and then he let his gaze follow her in the same direction. , when he spotted Aryan,standing with a walkie and headphones. He seemed too busy ,he hadn't even seen Sanyukta approach..

Sanyukta followed him back stage wanting to confront him as soon as she got there "Aryan , you're okay? What's happening?!!" She uttered a hundred questions seeing no one in sight except Aryan, who had his back turned and the headphones plugged. He was tracking someone's moves and  guiding them to the spot where he stood..

She started to walk closer and closer still unheard by him, still questioning him, when someone grabbed her by the arm and held a gun against her head .."I didn't know we had company Aryan,is she your date to the gala?" The person spoke into his walkie which made Aryans eyes widen and that's when he turned to the most horrific sight. The person he cared about most in the world , had a gun pointed to her head, and he knew how vile this person was. He knew they were in trouble..

"I don't know her, leave her aside or you know what I can do ?!" He warned half nervous half determined. But his eyes were giving it away and Sanyukta was struggling in that man's hold.. "Really? You don't? That's sad she looked pretty worried about you, and anyway as far as I know you ,you wouldn't want to harm an innocent soul, would you?" The man declared , pretty confident that Aryan was getting affected..

He had come into the place to offer money to make Aryan shut up, but when he saw Sanyukta, he had smiled victoriously ,his plan switched into this, making his motive easier! "You can't  use her against me, I'm still going to expose you, so stop with the games!" He half yelled in fury and half in fear.

The man he was dealing with wasn't a newbie and he had received and tackled these threats a hundred times. Aryan had been the only one successful to find out things about him which nobody had till date, he knew this had to be put to an end, and he had just found the perfect way to destroy him.. He moved his hand over Sanyukta's waist , touching her provocatively "Then you won't mind if I take her home this moment right? If she's not yours, she'll be mine tonight.."

The man saw seeing Aryan's posture change, seeing the anger build up , it was exactly what he wanted. He would distract Aryan, and shoot straight at him , Aryan wasn't even focussing on the movement of his gun.
"NO! " he yelled stepping forward. Only to have the man shove the gun to her temple with much more force!

"Owwwww!" She yelled, not once taking Aryans name, not once calling out for help, her eyes pleading a million sorries looking at Aryan. She knew she had gotten them both into a huge mess. This would end badly. This action of hers could be a terminal!

Aryan pretended one last time to have the ball in his court as he typed in numbers into his gadget, "even if you kill us, the cops and media are going to know everything. So think before you're next move. "He exclaimed eyeing the man's hands on her..

"Okay so if I'm going to rot in jail, I might as well have one last moment of pleasure with her, and be a happy man for days, what say?" He challenged Aryan, while he dipped his nose into her neck, and his hand started to move under her hoodie..

That's when there was a loud bang. A thud. And a shot?And Sanyukta had shut her eyes assuming someone had either shot her or Aryan had shot the man! She didn't know in those seconds if she was alive or dead, she felt lucid, she felt the hold around her loosen and she still didn't know what to make of it. Was the man dead? Or was she? So she wasn't even feeling the pain or any touch anymore, did death look like this..

But wasn't life supposed to flash in front of your eyes, right before you died? Weren't the people who mattered to you the most supposed to appear in that last moment? That's when she felt HIS touch , felt HIS hand wrap around her , felt HIS fragrance envelope her, felt HIM pull her close to him, heard HIM calling out to her, Felt HIM kiss her cheek multiple times, felt HIM turn her around into his arms, heard HIM mumble a million I love yous, and she opened a eyes a tiny bit to see HIS worried face, that face, that one person she loved dearly, and then the next moment she went limp in his arms..

If death felt like this, then she'd happily take that as her fate. If he was the last face that flashed before her eyes before dying, that would be the Perfect way to go! If him whispering I love you while being in his arms was the last thing she heard and felt , then that would be her ultimate death wish..

"I can be your hero baby,
I can kiss away the pain,
I will stand by you forever,
You can take my breath away!
-Enrique, Hero.
...............
A/N: I had thought about this a while back and I thought maybe I could incorporate a tinsy bit of thriller at the end, just to test my writing skill😅🙈
Don't mind :)