Chapter 44: Fighter

Chapter 44: Fighter

Do you ever wonder what would be like to live in your dream? To instead of sleeping and trying to remember in the morning what you had dreamed about, you were in it. Living through it as though its your life? I wish. Sometimes it's better to have a dream than face reality.

Reality isn't like a movie. You can't rewind when you miss something or skip to a good part and pass all the things you don't want to see or do. No, you have to live through it all no matter how hard it is.

I don't deny meeting up with Kyle was stupid. I'm relieved I finally know what happened to them but I'm upset all the more. Since that night I knew the story of a driver that was texting and hit them. I knew that they were cowards because they didn't think for a second that they should help the person they hit, they just drove off.

I guess now the last part is true. Thomas was a coward, but he was more evil then anything else. He wanted to kill them. He wanted to kill me. Guess things don't work out the way you plan.

~~~~

"C'mon Sarah-ow fuck my arm-breathe!"

Pressure applied to my chest and stomach and caused the pain that I had felt go away come back. I groaned, well I think I did, and coughed. I felt woozy and sick, my head pounding as it did not want to have to think and work. I didn't even feel capable enough to open my eyes.

"Thank god! C'mon we-we've both lost a lot of blood, you way more than me. We need to get you to the hospital."

I finally was able to open my eyes and saw Kyle leaning above me. I tried to ask him what happened but it came about as a cough.

"No don't talk ok? Please. I'm gonna have to carry you carefully to your car."

He slowly picked me up and I saw his arm was bleeding and a hole in his shirt. I looked down at myself and wondered how I'm even alive. A jacket was wrapped around my stomach but a little blood was seeping through. I looked back at Kyle and realized he wrapped his jacket around me leaving him uncovered from the cold.

"It's cold-," I managed to get out. I tried to tell him he should've keep his jacket but I couldn't.

"I know sweetie I know. Don't worry, I'm gonna get you help. I owe you that much. I'm so sorry Sarah," he had tears running down his face as he looked forward walking quickly.

"S'okay," I whispered laying my head back. I didn't really care. I knew he didn't mean for this to happen so I would forgive him. I'd never forgive Thomas. He never in my whole life deserve my forgiveness.

"You stay with me alright? Keep talking to me, keep breathing. We're almost there."

I nodded and moved my head back up but I immediately wished I didn't. Moving myself up caused pain back in my stomach. I screamed and buried my head into Kyle's chest. The pain wasn't even worth it. Spots flooded my vision so I closed my eyes and tried to calm down. I felt blood trickling down my arm probably from it seeping through the jacket. 

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" He repeated trying to help but couldn't do anything.

I released my head from hiding in his chest once the pain diminished a little and not willingly let it dangle of his arm. It felt like it weighed a ton and this time Kyle didn't object. He began to run and I finally saw my car in view.

I moved my hand slowly  to my pocket and realized all my clothes were wet. I patted my pockets and realized something.

My phone: destroyed. My keys: missing.