The Kraken (Euron Greyjoy x fem!Lannister reader)

Euron had come to King's Landing with one thing in mind. Marry the queen, the most beautiful woman in Westeros according to the rumors, and become king of Westeros. That was until he met you. You entered the throne room after Euron did. You walked right up to the throne and took your place next to Jaime. You glanced at Euron and then at Jaime. "Who is that, Jaime?" you whispered. "Euron Greyjoy."

Euron's gaze flickered over to you. The rumors were wrong. Cersei was certainly not the most beautiful woman. You may not have been either, but you were more beautiful than your sister. Cersei noticed Euron's attention on you and frowned for a second. Then, like putting on a mask, Cersei's demeanor returned to neutral. Euron still hadn't averted his gaze from you.

Love at first sight was a children's fallacy. Everyone knew that, but Euron was certain he'd forgotten that detail as he stared openly at you. He was determined, nearly desperate to take in every feature of your beauty. You started to fidget under his gaze and Jaime noticed. He pushed you slightly behind him and glared at the kraken.

"Y/N, dear sister, why don't you return to the library you're so fond of," Cersei suddenly commented. Your brows furrowed. She always wanted you around so you could see her displays of power. You glanced at her and found her eyes still on Euron. There was a part of you that wanted to believe she was trying to protect you, but a bigger part was telling that she was up to something. Still, with the Mountain next to her, you knew better than to argue with your sister. So, you left the throne room as quickly as you dared.

Just as you suspected, Cersei was up to something. She never planned on marrying Euron. Ever. Why should she? She had the Seven Kingdoms, she had Jaime and the baby, and she had you to bargain with. If she could convince Euron to wed you instead, Cersei would still have him as an ally and the Iron Fleet at her command. She didn't realize how little convincing Euron would need to agree. After speaking with Cersei, Euron had almost immediately agreed. While you had no real power yourself, you could give Euron the step he would need and you were the sort of beauty the Iron Islands had never seen. He would be the envy of all.

Once Euron finished with Cersei, he found his way to the library. He entered and his eyes scanned the room. You were sitting in your favorite chair, legs pulled up onto it in a very unladylike fashion, something Euron found intriguing. Your face was partially hidden behind the book you were engrossed in. Euron approached the chair with his signature smirk plastered on his face.

"Good afternoon, my future Lady Greyjoy." You barely glanced up from your book. You sighed almost inaudibly and asked, "What are you blathering on about?" Your tone clearly indicated boredom and that you had absolutely no interest in the conversation. "You are going to be my wife, Lady Y/N," Euron said simply. You finally lowered your book and jumped at how close Euron was. You could nearly feel his breath on your face.

"I beg to differ, Lord Greyjoy. I have no intention of marrying you. Good day." You raised your book again, but Euron stopped you. "Whether it was your intention or not, it will happen. Your sister has already arranged it." He finally got the reaction he'd been waiting for. Your eyes widened and you shook your head. "No. She wouldn't..." Euron's smirk widened. "She did. Feel free to go ask her." You slammed your book closed , pushed him back, and stood. Without looking back at him, you left the library in search of Cersei.

It didn't take you long to find her and, by the time you did, you were seething. You slammed the door open to Cersei's chambers. She and Jaime quickly separated their lips. "Have you heard of knocking, dear sister?" Jaime asked and you rolled your eyes. "Shut it. How could you do that to me, Cersei?!" Cersei smiled that sickly sweet smile that made you want to puke. "What's she done?" Jaime asked, a look of pure confusion on his face.

"Don't you want what's best for our family, Y/N? Do you want our enemies to topple us?" You clenched your fists. "Your enemies, Cersei. Not mine. And that is no excuse. I won't do it!" Jaime threw his hands up in the air in exasperation. "Do what?" You and Cersei ignored him again. "You will. I need the Iron Fleet. Besides, you will be a 'queen' in your own right." You seriously had to fight the urge to punch your sister in the face.

Jaime's eyes grew wide as he finally put together what was going on. "Tell me you didn't," he said, making you and Cersei look at him, "Tell me you didn't betroth our sister to that idiot." You nodded. "She did and I am telling you, I will not marry Euron Greyjoy." Cersei smirked. "Then you shall be beheaded for treason. Now, leave my chambers."

You stared at her for moment. You knew, if it were Jaime, there would be no real threat behind her words. But you weren't Jaime. You were you. Expendable. Jaime looked at you with pity in his eyes. You knew he'd try to convince Cersei to break the betrothal, but he wouldn't be successful. It was either marry Euron or lose your head. You turned and left Cersei's chambers, fighting back tears.

Euron was sitting in your chair when you returned to the library. He was reading your book. "Interesting story," he commented lightly, earning a harsh glare. He lowered the book and looked at you with curiosity. "Conversation not go the way you planned?" You crossed your arms over your chest, giving him the answer he needed. "Good, now then, shall we talk about our impending marriage?"

He rose from the seat and walked over to you. He could see fire dancing in your eyes as you glared at him. "Y/N, I'm a cruel man. Everyone knows it. But I assure you that, as long as you remain loyal and play the dutiful wife, no harm shall come to you from me. And no one else shall harm you without penalty of death." Your glare turned into a look of surprise. "Why? I'm merely a pawn in my sister's game. She is using me in order to use you. Why should you care anything about me?"

"I know she is. However, I can honestly say I have never seen a more beautiful woman than you. And you have the guts to survive the Iron Islands. I could use a queen like you." Your brows furrowed for a moment as you grew deep in thought. You looked out of the window next to you. "And what if the person trying to harm me is my sister?" Euron cupped your chin and turned your face to look at him once more. "Then I will use all the power of the Iron Fleet to crush her." You couldn't help but smile. Perhaps marriage to the kraken wouldn't be so bad.

Euron was taken aback by your smile. It definitely made you even more beautiful than you already were. Once again, Euron doubted that love at first sight didn't exist. He tried to cover up the fact that he was feeling things he didn't normally feel by returning to his usual flirty nature. You simply rolled your eyes. That was something Euron was going to have to get used to, but he really didn't mind. He was going to get everything he wanted and you? You were going to become the most powerful and feared woman in all of Westeros. Euron would see to it.