The Spirit of the Bear (Robb Stark x fem!Mormont reader)

(WARNINGS: Typical GoT warnings. Violence/death, arguing, fluff)

Winterfell was much colder than you expected. Colder than Bear Island. However, it was the home of your husband, so you were going to tough it out, no matter what. Actually, you wouldn't be there for long. Robb had decided to ride south. He was bringing war to King's Landing, if only to avenge his father and brother, Bran. You were determined to go with him. To fight alongside him.

Robb, however, had a different idea. He wanted you to stay in Winterfell. Of course, you refused. You weren't like the typical lady and he knew it. You knew how to fight and how to defend yourself. Robb didn't like it, but he let you accompany him. He tried to keep you from fighting. In fact, he tried so hard, it lead to many fights between you both.

"I can fight, Robb! I am a trained warrior!" you cried, pacing around your shared tent. Robb was expecting another battle with the Lannister army any day now and you had once more been trying to convince your husband to let you fight with him. "I said no, Y/N! Can't you see that I'm trying to protect you?!" You clenched your fists at your sides. "I can protect myself. Why are you so against this?"

"Because I love you! I can't risk your life, Y/N!" You opened your mouth to yell back at him, but stopped. Robb had never said those words to you before. Your marriage had been one of convenience and advantage, not one of love. You never expected to hear those words from Robb.

"Robb," you began, your voice much softer than it had been, "I love you, too. That's why I want to fight with you. To keep you safe. I cannot stand the thought that you might die while I sit here and do nothing." You gazed into his cerulean eyes and saw them soften. Robb reached over and took your hands in his. "My darling, I will do everything in my power to return to you. I swear it. But please, stay here." You frowned again, but decided against fighting. With a battle looming just beyond the dawn, you didn't want to spend what could possibly be your last night with your husband arguing.

The next morning, you bid Robb farewell. Once he was out of sight, you quickly donned your own armor and a helm and made your way to a horse. You were going to fight no matter what Robb had to say about it. You had the spirit of Bear Island and you would not give up so easily. So, you rode out in secret, ready to fight to the death if necessary to protect to your husband and your people.

The battle began sooner than anyone expected. The Lannisters had set an ambush for your army. Luckily, your men were all prepared and easily took down the army. Your (e/c) scanned the battlefield as you cut down yet another soldier. You couldn't see Robb anywhere and your heart rate picked up. Where was your husband?

You heard his yell and breathed a little easier for a second. At least until you saw why he was yelling. Robb was on his back on the ground with a Lannister soldier standing over him, ready to kill. Thinking quickly, you grabbed your dagger and threw it. Even if it didn't hit your target, you'd distract him long enough for Robb to kill him.

Unfortunately for the Lannister soldier, you had amazing aim. Your dagger hit exactly where you wanted it to. Right in his neck. The idiot had taken off his helm to gloat. He tried to scream as he clutched his neck. Robb took the opportunity to run his sword through the soldier. The dead man fell to the ground and Robb turned his gaze to you. "Thank you, ser." You bit back a laugh before removing your own helm. "Not a knight, Your Grace."

Robb's eyes flashed with anger for a brief moment and then, they softened with relief. "Y/N, you saved me." You smirked slight. Robb picked himself up off the ground. "You also disobeyed me." You arched a brow. "Yes I did and I'm glad. If I hadn't you would more than likely be dead." Robb took a step closer to you and smiled. "You're right. Thank you, my love. I fear I underestimated you."

"Yes you did. I trust you won't do that again." Robb chuckled. "I won't. My wife, Y/N of Winterfell, has the spirit of the bear and I was foolish to think I could tame that spirit." He wrapped an arm around you and pressed his forehead to yours. "I'm sorry, what did you say? You were what?" Robb frowned a little. "Don't push it, my love." You let out a giggle and kissed him.

"Come now, my wolf. We are victorious once more and I feel like celebrating! I am certain your men wish to do the same." You pulled away from him and turned to walk away. Robb followed you. When you reached camp, you found the men already celebrating the victory. Before you could join them, Robb wrapped an arm around you and pulled you close. "They can celebrate their own way," he whispered in your ear, "I want to show my queen how much I appreciate her." You laughed and shook your head fondly. "Lead the way, husband."