Not Like Other Dornish Ladies (Oberyn Martell x fem!reader)

Oberyn let his gaze wander over to you yet again. You radiated confidence and it drew the Dornish Prince to you. Not only that, but you weren't like the other noble ladies Oberyn met. You had fire and spunk. You knew what you wanted and you went for it. You had intelligence and a sharp tongue.

All those qualities were what Oberyn admired. Not only that, but you were different physically too. You had more curves than most noble women and you knew how to work them. You loved yourself and didn't look for a man's approval. Everything about you drew the Prince in and made him fall. Yes, Oberyn Martell fell and fell hard for you.

"You're staring again, my Prince," you said, pulling Oberyn out of his thoughts. He had been so consumed, he hadn't even realized you had moved from your spot and walked over to him. "Is it a crime to stare at something so beautiful, Flower?" You rolled your eyes and shook your head fondly. "Once again, you will have to try harder to pull me into your net, Prince Oberyn." Oberyn smirked. "Then try harder, I shall."

Your own smile fell. You had been expecting him to shrug you off and find someone else. Apparently that wasn't the case. It wasn't that you didn't want to be one of Oberyn's lovers, you did. It was that you wanted to be his only lover, especially because his others were the tall and thin women. You were proud of your curves, yes, but they were often too much for men to handle. Your affairs hadn't lasted long before.

Oberyn could handle you if you'd let him, but you weren't about to let him in so easily. Not when he could have any woman he wanted. You wanted to know for sure that he was truly serious about you. That he wanted you for more than what you could give him in the bedroom and that it had the chance to last.

"Why are you trying so hard?" you asked him after several minutes of quietness. Oberyn looked at you in surprise. "Why wouldn't I, Y/N?" You scoffed. "My dear prince, I have seen the women that grace your life and bed. They are nothing like me. Why would you suddenly decide to change your tastes to a woman who makes you work for to get her?"

Oberyn laughed and it echoed through the now quiet courtyard. "It is because you make me work, Y/N. Yes, I've had many women grace my bed, men too. But you? You are not like them and that is what I love about you, my flower." You looked shocked at that. Oberyn "loved" many people, but you had a feeling that he meant it in a different way with you. Something about the tone of voice he used.

"You love me." It wasn't a question, but the prince nodded anyway. "I do. Most assuredly." You looked into this dark eyes and saw no hint of jest. Deciding to mess with him, you took a step closer and leaned in until your lips were almost touching. "I guess you'll just have to prove it, then."

You pulled away, turned on your heel, and walked off. Oberyn smirked after you, laughing quietly. No, you weren't like other Dornish ladies. And yes, Oberyn loved it. He was going to prove it to you, no matter how long it took.