Soft Spot (Euron Greyjoy x fem!reader)

There wasn't much about Euron that was soft and caring. No, the man was ruthless and sometimes cruel. Some people would call him a tyrant. He did have one weakness though. It was something he kept hidden deep down inside, if only to keep himself safe. His weakness was you.

You had known Euron for years before he went into exile and became a pirate. You had never looked at him the way others had. You worked to see the good in him when others only saw the bad. That was only one of the ways that you made Euron fall in love with you. You were also beautiful and caring to others even in the harsh world of the Iron Islands. However, you could be just as tough and ruthless as any other Ironborn. All those things made you a bright spot in Euron's life.

That is why, as soon as Euron returned to the Iron Islands, he wanted to find you. However, he had other things to attend to first, such as murdering his brother and taking the Salt Throne. Only then would he feel worthy of you. Worthy of asking you to be his queen.

Once Euron ordered the Ironborn to forge new ships to replace the ones Yara and Theon had stolen, Euron went in search of you. You weren't difficult to find. Euron would know your (h/c) locks and (e/c) eyes anywhere. You were outside with other young women, helping to bring in the daily catch.

Euron plastered on his signature smirk and approached your little boat. "My lady," he greeted. You froze at the sound of his voice, but soon turned to see him. "E-Your Grace," you greeted. You really wanted to jump out of the boat and run to his arms. But, he was king now. You couldn't do that. Euron's smirk deepened. "Is that how you're going to greet me? I'm hurt, Y/N."

With that, you giggled and hopped out of the boat. "Forgive me, Euron. I wasn't sure you'd even want to see me. You're king now after all." Euron rolled his eyes before wrapping an arm around your waist and pulling you close to him. Your bodies were so close, you could feel the heat radiating off of him. "Still not the greeting I'm looking for, Y/N." His lips quickly descended on yours.

Cheers erupted from all around you and you felt yourself blush. Euron pulled away with a mischievous grin. "Should we give them a show?" Your jaw dropped at his brazenness, although it shouldn't have surprised you. "Euron!" you hissed and he laughed. Then, he turned to the other young women. "You don't mind if I borrow Y/N for bit, do you? I have something to discuss with her." They all shook their heads and the men around started catcalling and cheering again.

You let Euron lead you up to the castle and away from your duties. No sooner were you behind closed doors were his lips on yours again. You squealed as he picked you up and carried you to the nearest chair. He sat down with you in his lap, finally disconnecting your lips. "Marry me," he said breathlessly.

You pulled back so you could gaze into his eyes. "I beg your pardon?" Euron let out a little chuckle. "Marry me, Y/N. I'm finally king. I have all the power I could want and now, I want to marry the most beautiful woman in the world." Your eyes narrowed. You weren't keen on him ordering you around, especially with something as big as marriage.

Euron sighed. "Y/N, I'm a cruel man, but you? You see past that. You see the man I could be. I have loved you for so long. I want you as my queen. Queen of the Iron Islands." Euron was grateful that no one else was around to hear his moment of weakness. It wouldn't exactly keep the people on his side.

Your scowl turned up into a soft smile. "If that is what you want, you have to ask me properly. I may be an Ironborn lady, but I'm still a lady and will be wooed as one." Euron arched a brow until he saw the jest in your eyes. Deciding to play along, Euron stood with you in his arms and let you place your feet back down on the stone floor.

Then, with an overly dramatic flair, Euron got down on his knees and took your hands in his. "Dearest, beautiful Y/N, will you do me the honor of marrying me? Be my queen?" You let out a laugh at his over-exaggerated pout and nodded. "Of course I will. Now get up you idiot." Euron beamed and stood. He let go of your hands only to grab your face and kiss you until you were breathless once more.