Her condition

Author's POV:

He stayed quiet, looking at the ground.

After all, what she had said is true. He did once pitied her. But in his heart he knows that a part of him loves her too.

Not because of pity, but real feelings.

"Look, I maybe pitied you at some point-"

"See!" She shouted and shook her head in disappointment.

She was gonna walk away until,

"Listen!! I know I maybe pitied you. But I have to admit, there's love in it too. Real feelings for you."

Ri-Young's POV:

As I heard him said that, I stopped immediately. Should I still trust what he says? Can I? Why would he pity me jn the first place? Unless.. He knows about my condition.

"Ri-Young ah.. Please don't-" He stops for a moment.  I look back at him, staring right into his eyes.

"I know you don't fully love me. Well atleast, not the way you feel towards Mina. I know that if you had to choose between one of us, you would choose her. I can't blame you for that Jimin. That's what love is. Its only natural for you to choose someone you love." I said desperately.

"Young-ah.." he muttered.

*phone beeps*

I quickly searched for my phone and saw that I recieved a text from mom.

"Honey, the doctor can't come today. He said it'll have to wait till the next morning. I asked him if you will be in great shape till then and he said yes, so it will probably be okay. Would you like me to pick you up now?"

That was what the text said. Well, atleast I still got time to spend with Jimin.

"No, its okay. I need to go somewhere for a while. Be back before 9 p.m"

I texted back.

"But if what you said is true, then can you do me- us a favour?" I continued.

"Sure, whatever it is." He agreed.

"Lets go on a date. A proper date this time. Just the two of us." I offered.

He agreed and quickly pulled me in a hug.

"Ri-Young ah..." he sighs.

"Hmm?"

"I'm so sorry." He apologized.

I smiled and nodded my head.

"I'll break up with Mina. Just please don't do anything to hurt yourself,"

I stayed quiet. What? Did he know about my condition?

"You knew?" I asked

He nodded and sighs.

"Why did you keep that away from me? Why didn't you tell me?" He caressed my hair.

"I didn't want you to worry in the first place, but turns out, you got nothing to worry about me." I smiled painfully.

"Hey, don't say that" he pleaded.

"But its true though isn't it?"

"If something happens, no matter what, you need to tell me. I don't care what it is. " he stated.

I can't say anything. Its because I can't promise him anything. I'm doing this surgery without him even knowing. I'd rather keep this pain all to myself , rather than keeping his happiness away from him.

My condition

It only troubles him.