Chapter 3

CYRUS STEELE

I stormed into my office leaving my "new secretary" behind. I loosened my tie and breathed in heavily. I could feel my heart racing, fast, almost pounding off my chest. It's been like this since the encounter I had with that woman at the cafe.

This morning, I woke up earlier than usual so I decided to grab my coffee at the cafe near my company. It's a little full but I was able to set my order without struggling because I am a regular there.

While waiting for my coffee to be served, I smelt something. A mixture of vanilla and strawberry that almost made me sniff the air obviously. I was just lucky I was able to control myself before anyone sees me sniffing like an animal.

But the smell lingered around me like a magnet testing every ounce of my patience. I was itching to look for the delicious smell when suddenly, my order was served. I stood up from where I was seated and went to the counter.

As I was nearing there, the smell became stronger and I could feel my insides twisting and howling in joy.

My mate is in the same room with me. My wolf is rejoicing. He had been waiting for his other half for years and now, he finally found her.

I, on the other hand never believed in love. I always thought that a mate is a destruction. Instead of looking for her, I fought the urge of sniffing the most delicious scent I have smelt and went to fall in line although I was having a hard time for I could clearly sense her somewhere near me.

Right in front of me is a woman wearing a body con dress that hugged her curves in the right places. Her brunette curly hair rested smoothly about two inches above her waist and she's got this long sexy legs but she's nothing compared to my height even with her heels on.

She kept on making little movements and the scent reached my nose, once again. I tensed when I realized that the woman in front of me is indeed my mate.

I was enveloped by her scent. Slowly, I took unsure and heavy steps towards her until a guy came in between us. That just angered me. I was disrespected. I clenched my fists and was about to pull the guy from his back and punch him hard when I saw how his large hand landed on my mate's butt.

He ran off a little not too far from us and hid behind a wall. I felt my anger rising up but I can't seriously attack and hit him because that will make me look like a fool, besides, I have no intention in staying connected with this woman, mate or not.

I just did my best to ignore my wolf's command and when I was just about to face the woman, I was welcomed by a very hard slap right on my left cheek.

Tingles flew all over my skin and instead of feeling the pain, it felt beautiful. As if tons of current flowed down my veins with just a single touch and if I wasn't able to control myself, I could've made a mistake of pulling her close to me just to feel once more, the sparks that warmed my body.

"That's... for the booty slap!" She screamed trying to look intimidating but she's nowhere near that.

I took a very threatening step forward and saw how she tried her best not to step back. With my eyes still fixed on her, I said,
"You see, I don't appreciate it when a nobody touches me and takes ownership of what is mine."

She blinked a couple of times at my words. I saw how her hand squeezed the cup of coffee, its content spilled and burned her skin. I wanted to take it away from her because she was hurting herself. Without making my intension obvious, I took another step towards her almost making her kiss my chest. I bent down forwards and my back made a small sound at this action. I leveled my face with hers, taking up her personal space.

ALPHA CYRUSOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara