Chapter 38

CYRUS STEELE

I kept driving over the required speed limit and I could not care less. The fact that Carmela is missing is enough to make me go crazy.

"So, I only saw her once, that was when I was at your place the other day and she seems nice."

My grip on the steering wheel tightened as I heard Andy say that.

"This is not the right time to speak so casually about my mate, Andy. Call someone from the pack house and have them prepare for tonight. We should be ready in case a war explodes." I told him firmly and I saw him nodding his head from my peripheral vision.

"I guess you are right. It's been a long time since we participated in a war, that makes me wonder who on earth is brave enough to take our Luna away from you and provoke you." This time, his voice sounded so serious.

"By the way, do you have someone in mind, Alpha?"

"Tristan."

"What? But I told you, while I was following him around, I did not get anything. He was not suspicious and he only met with your sister a couple of times."

Right. When Carmela told me about Tristan's behavior, I ordered Andy to keep an eye on him. For two weeks, he has been tailing him and did not catch anything that could point to him as a suspect.

"And besides, you told me that it's a witch's doing, I mean, the loss of Luna's memories. There is no way in hell will he be associated to one."

I have thought of that too. The way Tristan and I treat each other may not be the same way we did before because of his mate, Alicia, but I know that he would not dare threaten me through her. I also know he treats her as his friend but the fact that Alicia hates her to death is a possible reason for him to turn his back on Carmela and harm her because he loves his mate.

"But he became close with her. That could be one of his tricks, to get her to trust him and attack her when she has let her guard down."

He sighed deeply. We're near his house and as we get closer, the more Harry wants to be let out but I have to keep him still. I cannot just act recklessly.

I parked my car in front of his gate and just when I was about to get off, his car passed by and drove away.

"Isn't that..."

I started the engine. "We need to follow him." I informed Andy and just like that, we are on his car's tail.

The way he is driving right now tells me that he is in a hurry. "Call him." I instructed Andy and he did.

We waited and after a few more rings, he picked up. The phone is on loudspeaker.

"Andy, what is it?"

Andy looked at me then I nodded at him to just talk and ask questions that would give us some information.

"Man, where are you?" The line went silent. It took him a minute to respond.

"I need to go find someone..."

Both Andy and I shared a look. Someone? He needs to "find" someone? Could that be my mate?

Andy just cleared his throat, "who could that be? Is there something wrong?"

I turned to the curve when Tristan did. I can't let him out of my sight.

"Yes. I... well, I am looking for a friend. Actually, I don't exactly know where she is right now..."

"Tristan..."