Chapter 14

CARMELA THOMPSON

"This will be your room for now. I'm sorry, it's a bit dusty. I just got here a week ago, I didn't get the chance to clean up." He told me as I stepped inside.

The fresh air that seeped openly from the windows caressed my body as I hugged myself to keep myself warm. I scanned the room and smiled. It looks simple yet relaxing. I guess this cabin was really built for sole purpose.

There is a large bed on the side and a nightstand beside it. A lamp and a few books neatly sitting on top of the table. When you look to the right side of the room, there is a walk-in closet and that hit me.

"I don't have clothes to change." I told him with a frown. He just nodded and walked to the closet and grabbed some shirt and shorts.

"You could wear these... And there's some new underwear inside, you could use them." He said softly as he laid it on the bed. I blushed at the mention of the underwear and I could tell that he felt uncomfortable saying that too. I looked at the clothes and wondered whose clothes these are.

May be his girlfriend's. I felt a tiny little pain at the thought and my face suddenly lowered to the ground. Of course he's got a girlfriend.

"Are you alright?" I was pulled back to reality when I heard him speak, not only that, he's a few inches away from me. Wow, look what spacing out can do. Making you unaware of the things happening around you. Way to go Carmela!

I stepped back a little and nodded at him lightly. "I'm fine." I said to him not meeting his eyes.

He didn't say a word and when I looked at him, he's just staring at me. Trying to look for a hint that I'm lying so I just went to pick up the clothes, my back facing him.

"May I use the bathroom?" I asked softly. I didn't want him to hear the hurt, I just have to be cautious.

"It's outside. Between my room and yours." I nodded still not facing him. I heard him sigh and I did the same.

What is wrong with me? I can't be seriously jealous. Yeah, I admit that I'm attracted to him. Since that day at the cafe, he left quite an impression on me. He looked so handsome and cool, and at work, whenever he walks past me, looks at me coldly, or with his eyebrows furrowed, I just can't help but catch some feelings for him but then again, he is my boss and he's got a girlfriend. I have no right to feel this way.

"If you need anything else, I'll be in my room." He finally said and I just gave him a nod while I hugged the clothes tightly. Keep your act right. I reminded myself.

Then he was gone. The door closed lightly and I fell to the soft bed and breathed three times just to calm myself. I walked back to the closet and found the underwear. I took one from the drawer and went outside to use the bathroom. My eyes immediately went to look at his room but it's closed. I just went to take a shower and decided to ask him why he brought me here with him after I shower. I need answers.

After putting on the shirt that literally hugged my body, I frowned. I do not wear clothes like this when I sleep. I wear lose shirts and a pair of cotton shorts because I feel a lot more comfortable in it.

I sighed in frustration and removed the shirt. I decided to ask some shirt from Cyrus than wear something that would keep me from breathing. Wrapping the towel around my body, I went outside and knocked on his door. After a few seconds, the door opened and Cyrus looked at me worriedly.

"I... I came to ask for a shirt. You see, I don't really feel comfortable wearing tight ones." I told him shyly. He looked at me with confusion and I held on to my towel tighter and that caught his attention.