Chapter 21

CARMELA THOMPSON

"How could he! He hurt you?!" I half screamed the moment we got inside Ashton's apartment.

I stomped my feet as I made my way back to the couch. I sure am furious. I know what Cyrus did was wrong. If it wasn't for the fact that he was my boss, I knew I would have sent him away in the most cruel way that I can ever think of.

"Carm, who's that guy?" I heard Ashton from behind me. He himself made his way to where I was.

"He's my boss." I told him plainly. I can still feel my heart racing with anger at what happened just awhile back.

"Are you sure?" He asked. I looked at him and gave him a confused look. He sighed.

"He sure didn't sound like just a boss though, he was acting more of a lover... A jealous boyfriend." He whispered the last words.

"What? Cyrus Steele is nothing more than my boss. He's this arrogant, rude and self-centered boss I work for! Why would you ever think of him as my boyfriend?" I asked defensively.

I don't know how Ashton thought of that but as far as I am concerned and sane, I will never date a man like Cyrus Steele. For me, he's nothing but a possessive boss that loves humiliating and hurting other people.

I crossed my arms across my chest and heaved a long sigh.

"And with that being said, I made up my mind." I turned to look back at Ashton and he's now giving me a questioning look. I smiled at him sweetly and said the words I wanted to say long time ago.

"I quit. I will resign, right this instant." I told him and went outside.

I know how childish and stubborn Cyrus so I'm sure that he's still outside Ashton's apartment and when I opened the door, I immediately gave him a sour look.

His eyes snapped right at me the moment the door clicked. He walked closer to me but I held my hand up to his face to stop him. I felt Ashton's presence right behind me but I still continued to stare at Cyrus with pure hate.

"Carmela..." Cyrus called out my name and I wanted to scowl at him because I didn't like how my name rolled off his tongue, I prefer him calling me anything else but my name.

"Mr. Steele." I said, hatred showering off my tone. I saw him froze when I called him by his last name.

His eyebrows met and he is looking at me as if I am someone whom he didn't know.

"I won't beat around the bush." I said trying to bring him back to his senses.

As much as possible, I don't want to stay around him a little longer because every second that I'd catch him looking at me intently, I get weird feelings.

"I don't know why you suddenly showed up here then went acting like a king kong, attacking my friend. I don't know why the hell you're acting like a caveman again in front of me and causing trouble. As far as I can remember, you're a respected businessman but you sure did not act like one. You clearly told me to stay away from you and now that I am doing it, you're here making a scene." I said in one breath.

He just looked at me, listening to whatever I am saying and I doubt if he even gets my point.

"What I am trying to say here is that, I am your employee and you're my boss but that doesn't give you the right to hurt the people I love and care about. I've put up with your mood swings, rudeness and shitty attitude but what you did awhile ago? Don't you think you've crosses the line? I can't just let you barge into this building and make a scene. I've had enough of your stubbornness, Mr. Steele, I can't do this anymore. I can't work with someone who thinks only about himself. I can't keep up with your crap. I quit so please, leave this building because you're not welcome here." I told him with conviction and he just stood there, a meter away from me with an angry expression.