Chapter 15

CARMELA THOMPSON

I breathed in the fresh air that came from my window and relaxed a bit. The sun is about to rise and the smell of dew is still mixed in the air.

I never got the chance to blink a sleep earlier because I've been thinking about a lot of things. About work. I'm also worried about Tristan and Cyrene because they might think that I just left the party and I don't want them to think bad about me. I'm also worried about Ashton, the other day, he told me that he's going to pay me a visit today though he lives next door.

There's a lot of things in my head but most of it is about Cyrus. Just the other day, we were ignoring each other then last night, he came to me, attacked me and made my body go jelly with his kisses and burning touch. I don't even know why I didn't do anything about it. I admit that he was the first man whom I had done with all those things but he's not my boyfriend.

My heart tightened at the sudden realization but I've made up my mind. He can't do this to me. He can't come to me and kiss me and then leave and never talk to me again because I have feelings too. Sighing deeply, I prepared myself for a confrontation and dashed outside my room to do the morning rituals.

Luckily, last night, I saw a new toothbrush and I used it. I know he wouldn't mind knowing that he brought me here without my consent and he lent me clothes so I'm using this again. I washed my face and looked at myself in the small circular mirror hanging just above the wooden sink.

My plain face is slightly pale, due to lack of sleep and my lips is chapped, this thing happens when I don't apply moisturizer onto my lips. I decided to bring my hair up in a messy bun and just be my normal self.  

After doing so, I stepped outside the bathroom and my eyes immediately found his room, which is closed. I frowned at it and decided to just go downstairs and prepare something for breakfast because I'm feeling really hungry now.

I made my way to the kitchen and opened his cupboards, trying to look for something but I found nothing. My eyebrows furrowed. Sure he said that he came here just about a week ago but did he really not at least store some food in here? I am guessing he just orders takeout when he gets off from work.

The entire place is dusty, the furnitures look old but it didn't hide the beauty of it. Even the refrigerator is not working, that I am positive. I shook my head at this. Impossible! How does he expect us to survive a day here when he didn't even stock anything, not even water to drink. I'm just glad that the water in the bathroom and light is still on or else I'm gonna think that he brought me here to murder me or something.

I decided to just knock on his door and asked him what he wanted to think about with me so I could leave already. And there goes my heart, feeling empty at the idea. Stupid organ!

But to my surprise, no one answered me when I knocked and when I tried twisting the knob, it just opened. My mind was filled with questions suddenly. Why is he not here? Where is he? Did he leave me here to starve to death? Did he plan all these? Oh my gosh! I'm starting to feel nervous and angry at the same time.

I was about to turn around and look for him outside when suddenly, a certain thing caught my eyes. I know all too well that sneaking into someone's room is a big NO NO but I can't help the curiosity cracking up my brain, so with that, I found myself walking inside his room which is a bit dark, and went straight to one of his cabinets.

I squinted my eyes as I picked up the one and only old picture frame. It's a picture of four little children somewhere in the woods. The three children in the picture are standing close to one another with big smiles on their faces while the other one, stood about a meter away from them and is just looking down at his feet. I don't know why but my heart cried for this little boy. He seemed distant and sad while the rest of the kids are happily posing for the camera.