Chapter 8

CARMELA THOMPSON

I kept glancing between Cyrene and our boss--Cyrus, for what seemed like an hour. There's this heavy silence lingering around us the moment Cyrus stopped us from our trance a few minutes ago.

Cyrene scoffed disrespectfully at our boss then without a notice, she grabbed me by my arm then dragged me back to our feet.

"I said stop." My heart leaped at how cold and demanding he sounded but that didn't bother Cyrene as she just kept going, dragging me along with her.

"Cyrene, I think Mr. Steele is mad." I whispered. She just smirked to herself and I can't help but wonder where she gets this confidence to disrespect our boss.

"He should be." She said meaningfully and hearing nothing more from our boss, she successfully dragged ourselves to a very famous bar.

My head is filled with Cyrus and his weird actions were thrown outside the window the moment we stepped foot inside the bar. I wasn't even shocked anymore to see famous celebrities partying in here. Young people trying to dance sexily in the middle of the dance floor. Men ogling at women wearing nothing close to a decent clothing. And then, that's when I realized one thing. I stopped walking that made Cyrene stop too. She looked at me with curiosity but I just sighed.

"I don't think I belong here."

"Why?" She asked, a bit alarmed. Sighing deeply, I looked down at my form and she must have gotten what I meant when she laughed, not an insulting one.

"Carmela, even with your corporate attire, you totally look bomb!" She complemented and I can't help but blush. No one has ever called me sexy.

"Let's go now, okay? Just take your coat off and you're good to go." She continued as she ushered me in one of the vacant seats somewhere far from the dance floor.

I never thought I'd see myself inside a bar wearing a formal attire especially now that it is Monday night. I have work tomorrow and worst thing is, I don't drink. What am I supposed to do here then? Just stare at Cyrene?

"You're thinking way too much, dear. Why don't you loosen up? How about we start with a glass of drink?" She then offered me a glass of liquor. I don't know what it is called but anyway, being the polite employee that I am, I took the glass from her and gulped down the liquid that burnt my throat like hell.

I almost gagged because of its bitterness and I could feel my throat starting to heat up. Whatever this liquid is, this must be too strong for me to handle. Shaking my head at Cyrene, I put down the glass and told her I can't take anymore of it.

"Come on, it'll be fine later. Just wait till it soothes your throat." She said as she served herself the same drink she gave me.

And she was right, after a few moments of the bitter taste, I could now feel a refreshing feeling creeping into my system. Cyrene must have noticed that I am no longer bothered by the taste so she decided to offer me another glass.

I may not be a drinker or some kind of girl but I'm not a kill joy either so with a smile, I took the glass and aimed for a shot and another and another until I can no longer remember how much I drank.

Right now, I could feel the world spinning and the loud music is really deafening. But I am still sane. I still know who I am with and right now, she is talking about Cyrus, and I am all too focused to even think about my state.

"I knew he was a coward." She blurted out.

"Why did you say so?" I asked as I hiccupped.

"Well, he knows he can't fight the bond but him, being the mighty Alpha that he is, he stupidly tries to defy what the Moon Goddess had offered him." I can't relate to every word she was saying.