Chapter 9

For the past fifteen minutes, I've been silently praying to God to keep me and Cyrus safe, especially now that he is driving like a mad man leading us to a place only he knew where.

We kept passing through big trucks and other vehicles and I am starting to wonder why the cops aren't following us yet when he has been over speeding as hell. I can't help but hold onto the seatbelt that is keeping me safe ever since we hit the road.

The night is still young and cold, as cold as this man beside me. He never spoke nor looked at me after we got out of the club. I could still tell that he is mad but he has calmed down a bit, thank goodness! I don't think I can handle another beast like Cyrus at the moment.

Even the nausea has gone off by now and just a tiny bit of headache is giving me a hard time but I know I can endure it. Finally, the car stopped and I looked outside the window and realized that we're nowhere near the city. He brought me into the woods. The fucking woods.

My heart started to beat faster than its normal rate as possibilities of why he brought me here crossed my poor mind. I don't want to think negative about this but if I were to assess what is happening, it is very impossible for me to come up with happy thoughts. How I wish Peter Pan was here to take away these dreadful thoughts.

"Mr. Steele..." I whispered. He didn't move nor said a word. When I looked at him, he was breathing heavily. His hands are gripping the steering wheel like it was Dylan's neck melting in pain under his strong touch. His veins are popping proudly and I have to mentally scold myself for thinking about how sexy it looks when the first thing that I should be thinking about is my safety.

In movies, people brought into the woods are either to hike or die and no one hikes in the middle of the night, right? I told him I would take him home but he drove his car bringing me here. Now, tell me I shouldn't be scared.

"Mr. Steele? I think we should go, take a rest because tomorrow is another day." I said trying to sound calm but deep inside, I am freaking dying with nervousness.

"Mr. Steele?" I called out once more.

"Get out!" My mouth fell open at his words. My heart raced even more. He can't be serious right?

"I think we should go, really." I said gulping the ill feeling that is starting to creep into me.

"I said get out." He said in a low tone. I had no choice but to obey his words. Why can't I just say no?

"You won't leave me here, right?" I asked feeling hopeful. Then his eyes met mine. That shade that I came to love seemed to study my face. His eyes, they are so beautiful that I'd trade the world for me to have it. But he didn't answer my question yet and I'm really starting to feel the coldness of the night seeping through my thin clothes. I forgot to bring my coat. No wonder why I am freezing to death right now.

"I'm being serious, Mr. Steele. I think we should really get going..." I said these words as I looked around the woods but I almost yelped when I turned to look at Cyrus, who is now right in my fucking face.

"What did he do to you?" I stepped back, trying to get some space but he sure didn't like what I did as he advanced forwards.

"What are you talking about?" I asked as I continued to escape from him.

"He kissed you." He declared and there, I got what he meant. He was talking about that guy--Dylan. And my fingers automatically touched my lip.

He is right. Dylan kissed me. He stole my first kiss. I was dreaming of saving it for the man I love but that won't happen anymore, never. Feeling the anger for the stranger's lack of respect, my eyebrows furrowed but I was pulled back to reality when a monstrous growl escaped from Cyrus' lips that disturbed the silence of the woods and what happened next almost felt like a dream.