Chapter 42: The End

CYRUS STEELE

"Alpha, they're not here!" Andy screamed and I pinched the bridge of my nose.

Darn you, Cyrene! You even dared to play such tricks with us.

We've been here for twenty minutes now and we didn't find anyone but their scents lingered all over the place. Her scent hit me first and it drove Harry insane. I am having a hard time keeping him inside because the closer we get to our mate, the more his rage rises.

"There should be some hint. We need to search the whole place." I informed them and they went to different directions.

I inhaled and her scent filled my system once more. My jaw clenched and I had to breathe through my mouth to keep my temper in place. I walked back and forth until I stepped onto something.

It's a darn phone. She ruined it into pieces. I brushed my hair up in frustration. This is bad. This hide and seek game is driving me insane. The more time she spends with my mate, the more dangerous it gets.

"Alpha..." Andy came in panting. I looked at him and took the piece of paper he had in his hand.

I figured you're about to lose your mind so let's end this once and for all. Where can you find us?

Hints: woods, falls, safe haven

My eyes widened as realization hit. I ran outside the building and told the rest of my men where we are headed through mind link. I got on my car followed by Andy and Tristan.

I've been trying to speak to Carmela through my mind but I could not get through. We should be able to since we already mated but that's not the case. I believe the witch did something about this that blocked the connection between my mate and I.

"Where exactly are we going?"

My grip on the steering wheel tightened as Tristan asked me this. "My cabin." I simply answered.

None of them spoke and somehow, I felt my body relaxing. Now that I know where to find my mate, I could think straight. I looked up the sky and the full moon shone brightly above. This is the time I was planning to tell Carmela about my real identity. I was supposed to introduce her to the pack members but because of Cyrene, I could not do it.

I stepped on the gas and drove like my life depended on it. To me, it's a matter of life and death. Not being able to make sure Carmela's safety feels like I'm being trapped in a place with ticking bombs planted everywhere.

Indeed, Cyrene is a ticking bomb and I have to hurry for I have no fucking idea as to when she would explode or how much time do I have left to stop her from striking.

I almost howled in triumph when my cabin came in view. The lights are open and I could smell her and the two others. Without thinking twice, I drove straight towards the door and a loud crash echoed through the woods.

My eyes searched for my mate. I got out of my car as Tristan and Andy did the same.

"Guard the entire place. There must be witches around the area." I said to my other men through mind link. They all acknowledged my order and I felt relieved for bringing them along.

This isn't just a fight between Cyrene and I. There is a witch in between and I know what they are capable of.

"Did you forget how to park properly?" The witch spoke.

I remember this face. She was that girl in the elevator and at the party. Now that I think about it, I get it now. I should have had her investigated when I felt something odd the first time I caught her staring sharply at my mate at Tristan's party and the second time in my company. But I let my guard down because she appeared timid and innocent.