Chapter 28

CARMELA THOMPSON

My heart is beating fast and I had to put my palm above my chest just to know that it's real.

It's been hours since we kissed but my mind wouldn't stop thinking about it, about him.

I touched my lips and shuddered as sparks flew all over my body. The moment his lips left mine, I knew it wasn't the first time that we kissed. But I can't remember when or why. It's like my memory is a blur, just like how I suspected it to be.

Earlier, while I was with him, for a brief second, we just stared at each others eyes, his orbs dissecting me, my soul, as if he was trying to study me and get to talk to me. And as I stared at him fully, I actually thought I had seen him look at me the same way he did.

Images then flashed before my eyes and I had to put my hands on his arms just to keep my balance.

"Carmela..." His voice full of worry.

"I..." I was lost for words and before I know it, I was running away from him.

I ran towards the staircase and almost got lost at how huge his second floor was. I looked around to see where I can hide and was relieved when I noticed a room, its door half open. My bags are placed on top of the bed and when I got inside, I locked the door.

I heard Cyrus knock before he asked if he could come in.

"Please, Carmela..." I sighed and walked towards the door. I placed my palm flatly on the wood and gasped at how warm it felt. It's like his warmth is passing through the barrier between us.

"I'm sorry if I startled you but I will never be sorry for the kiss. I wanted to do that... In case you get hungry, you can grab anything downstairs.... If you need anything, you can find me in my study. Also, I'm still looking forward to our dinner tonight." His voice sounded hopeful and when I did not respond to him, he just left.

And now, it's almost 6 in the evening, I did not eat anything, I did not even feel the hunger. The kiss was enough to keep me full.

Honestly, I can't decide whether I would show up to this dinner or not but I can't obviously do that to him. So with that in mind, I went to shower and put on a red dress that clung to my body just right.

I do not have big boobs so this dress have nothing much to show. I decided to let my hair down. Accessories would be nice too to complete this look so I got my gold earrings, layered necklaces and watch that matched my gold sandals.

I did not want to overdress because this is just a simple dinner between a boss and his secretary. Me wanting to look good is not trying to impress him or anyone. I just thought that I am going to be seen eating at a restaurant with a famous businessman and he might appreciate it if I dressed according to occasion, also, to save his ass from embarrassment.

Or that's just probably an excuse?

I am not a fan of make up so what I did with my face was apply just the right amount of mascara and red lipstick. I looked at myself in the mirror and tried to keep my cool. I do not know why I am so nervous.

"Shut it, Carmela! Just go downstairs and end your night without embarrassing Cyrus or yourself." Easier said than done but let's do it.

I took my clutch with me and put my iPhone inside, making sure to turn it on silent mode because bad things happen to me all the time and receiving a phone call in the middle of the dinner is not an exception.

I opened the door and there he stood, his hand stuck in the air, like he was about to knock. His eyes even went big when I beat him to the door and he looked so cute. Darn it!