prologo

◇unedited◇

Jamee's P.O.V

Today, Diane is going to bring me to her work place and ask if there is an available spot for me. After a week staying with her, I have told her everything from the beginning until how she found me passed out in the dark alley behind a small diner.

She told me that the employer is a bachelor and a son of some important people in Misilly and throughout the whole Italy.

It was around dinnertime when the owner of the house, the bachelor of Misilly coming home. Even though Diane told me to sit still and just wait, I helped her making dinner for her employer.

I couldn't hear anything after the front door was opened. He probably go straight to his room.

I feel nervous now that he is home. Would he want her to work for him? Diane told me that he kept only a few people in his house. He doesn't like being invade and respect his privacy very much.

A heavy footsteps coming toward the kitchen which attached with the dining table. I turned to Diane and looked at her asking for help. She is definitely nervous. But, she smiled to her in a comforting way.

"Sir, welcome home." Diane bow a little to him as a greeting out of respect. "Your dinner is ready." She pointed out towards the table full of foods he would want to eat.

He stopped and greeted her back. And then, his eyes averted to me. His brown eyes seemed dull, more like it doesn't have a life in there, but he's living. He analyzed me from head to toe which make my feet squirmed.

"Who's this, Diane?" He asked Diane, but his eyes never leaving mine. We held our gaze without even blinking for a few seconds straight. It looks like he's staring into my soul and it make my heart beats faster. His baritone but airy voice made me fluttered.

"Sir, this is my long lost niece, Jamee Eilena. She have no one else, so she came to me and I brought her here." Diane started to explain and he moved his gaze to her to wait for her to continue. "If I could ask for a favour, can she work here with me? You know my house is small and crowded. She only need a roof above her head. She can do the cleaning."

"We have a cleaning lady came once a week." He replied to her straight away and I feel slightly disappointed. Of course, I didn't expected him to accept me right away.

"Well, she can be here at night or whenever you need some help." Diane keep on coaxing him and I need to do something to help her since she helped me this much.

"I can do anything you ask me. Sir." I spoke and he threw me a gaze. But he looked tempted. His eyes twitched like something in him finally moved.

"She can move in to the maid dorm since I left and it's been empty for too long. Someone needs to use it." Diane make an excuse. "I'll be her guardian, sir. You can trust me."

"Well then, she can start tomorrow. Make sure you told her everything without missing a thing." He sighed, finally giving in to her pledge.

"Of course, sir. I'll be sure to tell her everything about the rules of the house. You don't have to worry about that. She will be good and take care of you with all her heart." Diane said.

"She better." He glanced at me, looking at me for one last time. I gulped down, feeling weird that he suddenly felt so close after accepting my presence.

 I gulped down, feeling weird that he suddenly felt so close after accepting my presence

For the opening,
Hello, it's nice to meet you here.
Thank you for giving this story a chance and I hope you will stay until the end.