Chapter I

Age 6.

        I was so excited to finally be moving out of my Grandpa's house. We had been here for about a year. My Mom and Dad moved out of the tiny apartment that we were in. Thank goodness. It was to small for us and always smelled like cigarettes and beer. I left a friend behind. David. My first friend that I met when I was three years old. He lived right above me so it was convenient to play together. After I started elementary school we drifted apart. He is two years older than me so I never really saw him after he turned 5. He is hanging out with people his own age now. Instead of me, no one wants to be friends with me. No one ever has and I constantly wonder why.
My babysitter is helping my parents move today and I honestly cannot wait to get into our trailer. It's a nice double wide trailer with white panel covering the entire house. As my babysitter strapped me into the car seat I just kept thinking how badly I wanted to go there with my Dad. I don't dislike her but I am so attached to my parents it's not even funny. If they aren't around for more than an hour I'll cry and get hysterical.
We pull away from my Grandpas house after my babysitter Carrie spends way to much time talking to my Grandpa on the porch. His gray hair blows with the summer wind and his white beard dose the same motion. A man that will never look his age. The drive is quick and not as far as I thought. When we pull up Carrie asks me.

"Are you excited to have a bigger place?"

"Yeah, I am so excited to see my room. I hope it's bigger than my old one." I said giving her my biggest smile.

I hope our dog Blackie is there already she is the best dog ever . A cute little patterdale terrier. All black. Hence Blackie.

"Oh I'm sure it will be." She says helping me out of her maroon pick up.

I don't even wait for Carrie, I take off toward the front door, so excited to see the house while she grabbed some things from the bed of the truck.

I swing the front door open to find my Dad vacuuming the carpet in the living room. It's so big.
The fireplace is in the right corner when you walk in, the brown wood covering the fireplace mixes well with the plain white wall with the dark green molding. There is a ceiling fan in the middle of the living room. Eight mirrors surround the fan in a diamond shape. It gorgeous really.

"Hi Dad!" I yell over the loud humming of the vacuum cleaner.

"Hi bud!" He yells back and powers off the large cleaning device.

He had short dark brown hair and a matching mustache above his lip. His bright blue eyes; that matched mine, were surrounded by crows feet. Something to do with his obsessive smoking maybe.

"You want to see your room?" He asks me as Carrie brings in a box and sets it on the half way to the kitchen that I have yet to explore.

"Yeah!" I say and nod my head with a smile.

He grabs my hand and walks me down the hall farther to the right of the fireplace to show me this big room. My room is in the front of the trailer. A large pitcher window in the center and to the left are two closet doors.

"This is mine?!?!" I shout and run and open the closet door on the right side.

The brown dark wood door swings open and I am hit with a lemon scent hitting my nostrils.

"Its huge!"

"That's not even the best part" my Dad says taking me by the hand again and leading me out of the empty room.

Just outside of my room to the right is the bathroom. But not just any bathroom. MY bathroom.

"This is yours and mine and Mommy's is in our room."

I walk in loving the fish hanging on the wall the rainbow colors are mesmerizing. Going along with the fish on the wall is a matching toilet seat cover and shower curtain.

"This is awesome. What does your room look like?" I ask

He grabs my hand again and leads me to the other side of the house to show me a smaller room.

"Mines bigger" I let out a giggle.

As I laugh to myself he opens a door in the back of the room to reveal a huge bathroom. It has two sinks! A stand up shower! And a Jacuzzi tub. It's amazing. It even has a door to the left side of the tub and it's a walk in closet. Its official we are going to love it here.

1 Month later...

My Dad and my Mom are standing in the kitchen, my Dad has the door wall open smoking. I wish he would just quit. Mom is at the table looking over some papers. She has short brown hair and brown eyes. Her hair hugs her cheeks perfectly to match her face.

"You should go take a nap with me." My Mom says.

"I'm not tired." I simply reply.

"You'll need a nap for what we are doing tonight." She smiles at me.

"What are we doing?" I ask.

"You're going to see your favorite singer." My Dad says with a smile with a cigarette resting between his lips.

Oh my....
Oh my goodness!!!

I am going to see my favorite singer....live....in person.

I have adored Shania Twain since I can remember and now I am going to see her. My first concert!!!

Whenever we would drive somewhere, no matter how long of a trip, Shania had to be playing. I don't know what it was about her voice but I was always swept away by it.

"Okay!!" I say and walk toward my parents room to take a nap with my Mom.

The nap didn't go well. I for the life of me could not get to sleep. I am just to excited.
My Mom kept yelling at me that I wouldn't sleep but she seemed tired so I just layed there until she woke up.

I am all dressed and my Moms sister Jenna came over to go with us. It was time finally time for my dream to come true.

Well, the ride to the concert went terrible I ended up getting sick so we had to make a pit stop to target to get me new clothes. I was telling Mom and Aunt Jenna that my stomach was hurting so Aunt Jenna handed me her water bottle and I took a sip. That was my first mistake. Almost directly after I threw up all over my clothes. A deep red sweater that I adored had to be thrown away in the Target parking lot. But at least I got new clothes out of it.

It was time...Time for Shania twain.

The only thing I really remember from the concert was looking through the binoculars to see her on stage. We were kinda far in the back. There was a lot of people in the crowd with signs they made for Ms. Twain. She had eventually called a girl up on stage that had a sign. That was pretty much it.

I wondered why they did this random act of kindness. Only to find out they had something to tell me. Something life changing....they were having another baby