Chapter 5 • Spring Break-Up

"Girl

"Girl.. stop moving" Lay-Lay fussed, as she struggled to part Ryann's hair.

Lay-Lay was Ryann's other roommate. Since she graduated from cosmetology school, she had no problem doing her girlfriends' hair whenever they asked. The two sat in the living room as Lay Lay transformed Ryann's short hair style into long box braids.

"Bitch, are you done yet, it's been hours" Ryann groaned. She wanted a new look for spring break coming up, but the lengthy hairstyle reminded her why she loved her short hair.

"You got two more" Lay-Lay assured her.

Ryann was relieved.

Seeing her phone light up, she looked down as Vee's name popped up.

She smiled to herself. The two hadn't seen each other, but that didn't stop Ryann from thinking about her. A month had passed since they met and although they only hung out twice Ryann was looking forward to more. However, she had school and work to keep her occupied. Now that spring break was coming up, she had plenty of time to spare and hoped Vee did too.

"Missing you" the message read.

It was simple, but Ryann smiled from ear to ear.

"Prove it" she responded.

"In Miami? The 20th-27th"

Ryann had to make sure she read the message right before responding.

Vee sent another text.

"Expenses on me :)"

She didn't have to say much more after that. Ryann didn't have plans but to hit a few bars and parties, but Miami would be perfect. She texted back definitely, making sure not to miss her wave.

"Okay girl, you're done" Lay-Lay confirmed as she finished spraying Ryann's fresh braids with hair sheen.

"Thank you Lay, Ima look so cute in Miami" Ryann emphasized, making sure to mention her new found plans.

Lay Lay began to clean up the left over braiding hair off of their couch.

"Since when were you going to Miami hoe? You ain't mention it"

"Just now, my boo just invited me" she boasted.

Lay Lay dropped her jaw, "I know you ain't talking about ol' shawty that drooped you off not too long ago. Mhhh she's cute girl. Don't get caught up" she playfully warned her friend.

She was coming home from her night job when she ran into Ryann coming home from a night at Ava's. Needless to say, Lay-Lay needed the run down on this beautiful bitch that was riding in style.

"Girl, tell me about it" Ryann said, admiring her braids in the mirror.

Ava told her she would be swinging by soon, so she threw on something cute in a rush. It wasn't long before she was beeping her horn outside.