Chapter 38 • Taking a chance

"We Miss you already mamas" Lay Lay said blowing kisses into the phone to Ryann

"Yes, and take care of my niece you know it's weirdos out there" Naj added as if Ryann had already given birth to her daughter.

"I miss you guys too, and okay Auntie Naj. I'll call y'all when we land, love y'all"

"Love you too!" The two said in unison before hanging up the face time call.

Ryann was finally catching her flight to Cali for her big label meeting, and either friend couldn't of been more proud or excited for her.

It was a Sunday night and finals were finally over for both of the college Seniors. They would be entering their last year of college in the upcoming fall and neither could wait. Ryann only needed six credits to graduate, so she figured her break wouldn't stall her ability to graduate on time with her friends.

After chilling at Lay Lay's for the whole day, the two finally decided to leave out and get something to eat. Lay Lay suggested Country Cooking, a popular soul food restaurant who's line was always out of the door.

They were lucky to jump in right when the line went down, just for it to fill it up quickly after behind them. Naj ordered the buffalo breast bites with baked macaroni and cabbage and Lay Lay asked for an identical platter.

"I am so ready for the summer. I finally saved up enough for my car, so a bitch will be wheel'n soon" Lay Lay said as she dug into her food.

"That's what I need to be doing, saving. My tips at work be good but ain't nothing like that black card money" Naj admitted.

"Yes girl I give you props for giving up that lifestyle" Lay Lay commended her friend, "because I couldn't do it. Kane could fuck every bitch in this city and I would be in a fur coat, diamonds, not giving a fuck"

"I'ma make it on my own. Ryann did it. She found something she ain't even know she was good at and now my baby about to be signing checks" Naj admired Ryann.

While all three girls were driven, Ryann was doing the damn thing. Naj was only one semester short of graduating college in December, and she was more than ready to put her degree to use. She didn't plan on leaving behind the life of luxury, she would just have to obtain it on her own.

Kane was rich, and his money ran deep - so baby Kane would always be good. However Naj knew she would have to get it from the muscle to give her son everything his dad could.

"I know that's right" Lay Lay agreed.

"It must be my lucky night" a familiar voice said as they began walking up.

Looking up from their food, they watched as Semaj made his way over with a grin painted on his face. Lay Lay couldn't help but match it; She thought Semaj was the cutest thing - his school boy swag and hilarious comments never got old to her.