Chapter 8 • Stepping Up

Naj waited outside at the bus stop for Kane to pull up in any minute

Naj waited outside at the bus stop for Kane to pull up in any minute. She had an early appointment at the doctors, and felt like once she knew all she did about their growing seed she would inform him. A week had passed since she took the test, and she distanced herself from Kane just enough to make time for an appointment.

The two began to chill on the regular since Miami - they both enjoyed the club scene, drinking, smoking and then fucking in the back of his foreign cars. Naj would be lying if she said they used protection every time. Neither had been that responsible.

Kane pulled up next to the K stop, and unlocked the doors to his 2018 Maserati.

Naj hopped in and he greeted her.

"Wassup sexy, I see ya ass finally came around" Kane commented on the fact that Naj had been ducking him. He had multiple bitches, but Naj was his favorite at the moment. Her Lil crazy ass definitely had him intrigued.

"We gotta talk" she said seriously.

Naj had always been easy going, so to see the look of stress on her face scared Kane.

"What's goin on?" He asked, sincerely concerned.

"I'm pregnant" Naj blurted out.

Kane nearly ran into the car in front of him, causing him to swerve around him to avoid crashing.

"Damn nigga, could you be more dramatic" Naj huffed. She folded her arms across her chest.

"How the fuck?" Kane asked himself.

He ran it through his head so many times, but he couldn't confirm or deny that he dumped in Naj more than a few times. He knew he was being sloppy, but he never had a pregnancy scare in his life - and thought he probably just couldn't have kids. This proved him wrong.

"I'm six weeks. I already know what you're going to say, just give me the money and I'll solve this issue" Naj said bluntly.

Kane was offended that she believed he would force her to do that.

"Hold on for a minute" Kane asked, "that could be a lil me in there and you ready to just off him".

He knew he boasted about being single with no kids, but that was because he never even came close to having a child. While he wasn't exactly jumping for joy, he still wanted to think things over.

Naj couldn't believe Kane was actually considering it.

"You're telling me you want me to keep it" Naj made sure she was hearing things correctly.

Kane shrugged, "let's think about it. It's not like I'm broke, ya'll will be well taken care of"

Just hearing the words "y'all" as if she had already split into two people was starting to give her an anxiety attack. She was sure the two would agree on an abortion, but Kane had went against her predictions.