Chapter 36 • Always be mine

"I'm outside"

"I'm outside"

Notifying Kane that she was outside of his apartment, Naj waited until she heard the loud buzzing noise that allowed her access into the luxury units. She removed her Gucci sunglasses from her face as she entered the building pushing KJ in his stroller.

He had an appointment in a little, so Kane insisted Naj borrow one of his cars. Whenever she was doing her own thing she caught lyfts to and from, however whenever it concerned their son Kane was very strict about her only taking his car. He didn't want his son in a strangers car, and damn sure not on the bus.

Letting herself in, Naj was immediately turned off by her surroundings. Kane had his place looking like a tornado hit it.

From weed and empty backwoods wraps on the kitchen counters, to empty liquor bottles that were sprinkled everywhere, as well as clothes, shoes and all types of other trash. She was confused, because even when they first met he kept his place at least presentable.

And while she knew she wasn't playing house wife anymore - she didn't expect him to fall off of the trail like that.

"Boy, you need to get a maid or something" Naj scoffed, "Do you even clean before my baby comes over here?"

Kane revealed himself as he came from the back room wearing latex gloves.

"Of course I do" he said, disposing of his gloves, "I just be busy, so I ain't have the time"

"Yeah well your day is starting tomorrow so get the cleaning"

Plopping down onto Kane's couch, Naj began to remove KJ from his stroller.

"Hey man, how's my big man" Kane cooed, kissing all over his son.

"Uh-uh, you need to back up" Naj covered his face, "I can smell that bud on your breath from here. He don't need to get no contact high"

Kane sucked his teeth, "My breath ain't bother you when you used to kiss me"

Leaning over, he attempted to kiss Naj on her ear and neck, but she dodged him. Kane didn't mind that she was playing hard to get as he rubbed onto her exposed thigh.

Naj had been dressing sexier later, that he noticed. He also noticed she was never in the house and always in somebody's club or kick back. He had a lot of eyes in the streets, and people didn't mind dropping a dime on where they may have seen Naj last.

He assumed she was still just trying to get him back for cheating, however she was just reclaiming her old life.

"I know you miss me, why you acting like that?" He said, cornering her on his couch.

"So?" Naj said, not denying his statement, "Crackheads who go to rehab miss crack, but it still ain't good for them"

"Man, I was good to you, you acting like I was around here doing you dirty. It was one time!" Kane said getting angry.