Chapter 35 • Coming together

"Surprise!!"

"Surprise!!"

Ryann felt her heart drop as she made her way into the small venue that to her surprise was filled with friends and family. While she didn't have much, Naj and Lay Lay made sure to invite their party girlfriends they always stayed in touch with, while her parents made sure to fly out a few close family members.

As for Santana, it seemed as though the only important people in his life were his cousins - however him and Devose weren't close anymore, and Chris was handling business.

It didn't matter to him though, he had orchestrated the whole party just to make Ryann happy. The small area was decorated to perfection with a 'Prince or Princess' theme, one side of the room in a light lavender theme while the other was a sky blue.

She loved the Swarovski crystal detailing, and most of all the three tiered cake that stood in the middle of the room.

"Aww, Thank you guys so much" she cried, hugging her best friends.

"Girl, you better hug your man this was all his idea" Naj smiled, pointing to Santana.

Ryann looked to Santana who was standing behind her, his face bashful as if he didn't want to accept credit.

She shook her head with a smile and he laughed. Just that morning he told her he was taking her to a new brunch spot before they headed towards their ultrasound, so he prompted her to dress nice.

Little did she know, she would be pulling up to her gender reveal party. She knew that she had talked about how she liked the idea of having one but it had totally slipped her mind.

"Thank you baby" she smiled, giving him a kiss.

"Of course, love".

After giving out hugs and greetings, the small party began to start. Ryann and Naj's mom prepared the food - a table full of soul food and desserts that Ryann couldn't wait to dig into.

People even bought a few gender neutral gifts for the couple, while everyone sported blue or pink shirts displaying whichever gender they voted for.

Ryann had never felt the outpouring of love before. For the first time in a long time, she enjoyed being around both her parents as they all sat around eating and talking. It was perfect, and the only thing missing was Alan.

"I'm going to make you and Santana's plates before it's all gone" Missy said, lifting up from her seat.

Ryann was surprised as her mom waited on her hand and foot the entire party. She had been running around making sure everyone was having a good time and everything was in order. Ryann had never seen her mother act like that, but it was a welcoming surprise.

"What time are we cutting this cake, I'm ready to find out what my grand baby is" Gerald stood up from his chair, anticipating the reveal.

Ryann admired her father's salt and pepper fade and his white designer reading glasses that sat on his slim nose. He was an old cat that swore he looked as good as the youngins, which he did.