Chapter 28 • Resentment

"I can keep him for more than one night?" Kane asked as he buckled KJ into his car seat.

"No, I don't like being away from him for too long" Naj refused, packing his baby bag with all of her breast milk packs.

Kane sucked his teeth, "so what about me? He's my son too"

"Well you have two kids to worry about now, you'll be fine"

A few weeks had passed, and after revealing he was the true father of Kiera's baby, Naj knew there would be no rekindling their relationship.

She was more than hurt but stayed strong for the sake of her son. As for Kane, he swallowed the hard pill once he realized Naj was done with him.

And while he was upset, he decided to be just as mature and try his best to move past it.

"You gonna say that shit every time I ask about keeping my son?" He hissed, "Kiera let me see my daughter whenever"

"You think I give a fuck about what that bitch do for you?" Naj gave him a look that would strike him if it could kill.

Shaking his head, Kane could feel himself become frustrated. Him and Naj rarely argued, but whenever they did things became nasty quickly.

He was a hot head but tried to subside it because he had no choice but to respect Naj, a girl who never let people get too comfortable with her. And Naj had the nastiest mouth, when she wanted to.

"I'm just saying" he started, "I know I fucked up. But you taking me from my son ain't gonna change things"

Naj rolled her eyes, not wanting to hear his words although they were true and hit like a boulder. No matter how petty or bitter she had become towards Kane, his daughter was still his daughter. Kiera had won, posting her baby every day and making sure to mention whose baby it was.

Not only did Naj feel stupid, she looked like a damn fool in a love triangle - Kane having two babies only three months apart making one hell of a scandal.

"It'll change a whole lot. Starting with me not having to see your face for more than once a week" She retorted.

"Have it your way" Kane responded, standing up with the car seat in his hands, "Ima give you some time to get over this. But you keep this shit up, and I'm taking you to court to get my rightful visitation"

Kane could've been a dope boy, but he grew up pretty intellectual. He knew his rights, and ways to get around those who believed to have him up against a wall.

Because he knew he hurt Naj, he tried his best to give her all of his patience, which was now running thin. Although he wasn't perfect, he was far from a dead beat and actually took a interest in both his kid's lives.