Chapter 29 • Gone too far

"I been hustlin since a youngin Like that green was in my veins He put that glizzy in my palm Told me line it up b'fo I aim Been through a lot of shit lately, But you hoes won't see my pain Cause y'all waitin on me to failBut I promise shit won't ...

Like that green was in my veins
He put that glizzy in my palm
Told me line it up b'fo I aim
Been through a lot of shit lately,
But you hoes won't see my pain
Cause y'all waitin on me to fail
But I promise shit won't change
Been the Queen before I touched the mic
Now shit just different
Numbers too high they can't touch me
You feel me?
This bitch just different!
And my bitches waiting for that smoke,
Trigger finger just itchin!

"Said I been a hustla since a youngin, like that green was in my veins!" Lay-Lay and Naj sung along to the song, as they stood in the front row of Ryann's performance.

It was her E.P release party, the short album causing a frenzy on social media as a plethora people wanted to hear the Houston native's body of work. Not to mention her release party, that had been so packed they had to turn people away at the door due to the standing capacity.

After much thought, Ryann decided to go with her initial name - Hard Body. Not only did it have a connection with her brother, but it defined the seven songs that she decided to share with the world.

Watching as the venue of people rap and sang along to her E.P as she performed a few singles, Ryann felt amazing. In that moment she felt confident that even with a baby, those people who wanted to see her win would make that happen.

"I want to say Thank you, to everyone in the building tonight" Ryann spoke into the mic, as the song came to an end.

Whistles and spontaneous 'I love you's' began to emerge from the crowd, making her blush.

"If any of you know me, then you know the story of how I became Queen Ry" she started, "By having one person at my side, pushing me. Believing in me even when I didn't, even when I told him get the fuck out my face I ain't no rapper"

She and the crowd began to chuckle as she finished her speech.

"But he saw something in me that no one sees" Ryann smiled, finding Santana in the crowd, "not even me. I love you baby daddy"

The crowd began to uproar, as she finally confirmed her pregnancy to everyone in the room. While the rumors were still surfaced, no one truly knew the truth until it came from the horses mouth itself. Neither Santana and Ryann had announced it, but after thinking on it hard they decided it would be the perfect place to confirm the news.

Ryann didn't want to hide it any longer although she hadn't even entered her second trimester yet. Still, the weight on her shoulders felt completely gone and she felt a little bit freer.

"Damn, so I'm really about to be an uncle huh?" Alan smiled from ear to ear, approaching his sister as she left the stage.

While he had already knew the news, hearing her say it to everyone in the room made it a little more real.