Chapter 24 • Checked out

Naj pulled up to KOP mall in her 2018 Lexus truck, her windows down as she enjoyed the breeze of the November weather

Dressed in a navy blue Lovello sweat suit and Chanel sneakers, she went for a comfy look - but still fly as she rocked a honey blonde top knot bun with oversized Chanel sunglasses sitting upon her face.

In the passenger, Lay Lay sat matching her friend's fly in an all black sweat suit from the same designer. Since the city had been in a down pour for the last week, the two friends decided to step out on the sunny Friday afternoon.

After parking in an open spot, the two hopped out, next grabbing KJ's stroller from the trunk.

Naj proceeded to strap him in, afterwards locking the truck and making their way into the mall. It was a weekend and as usual, the two part mall was packed.

"I knew it was going to be everybody and they mom up in here" Naj fussed, pushing the stroller through the double doors.

"You sure did, so no complaining" Lay Lay half joked.

"Oh, trust me I won't. I'm just glad to get my ass out of that apartment"

"Girl, bye" Lay Lay dismissed her, "I would love to sit my ass home all day and still be throwing that shit on, okay?"

Naj rolled her eyes, knowing her friend would never understand. It had been a little pass a year since she quit work, and while having money at her demand was definitely a blessing, she began to fill unfulfilled in life.

Even Ryann, the one she accused of being sponsored had things going on for herself. The two hadn't talked in almost a month, however that didn't stop her from being all over social media.

Naj couldn't pull up her Instagram app without seeing Ryann on tour - looking as if she was having the time of her life. While she loved motherhood, Naj began to get restless.

"Baby Gap is having a sale, let's try there first" Naj said, changing the subject.

Deciding to shop for her son first, Naj and Lay Lay headed straight into baby outlet.

KJ had just turned three months, and he was outgrowing all of his newborn clothes too fast for Naj to keep up.

"You ladies need help finding anything?" The associate asked as they made their way through the door.

"No, we're okay. Thank you" Naj smiled politely.
It didn't take her long to find the newborn baby section, where she immediately began looking through the large selection of boys clothing.

"What do you think about these?"

Naj held up a few onesies for her friend to judge.

"They're both cute, but I like the one on the right more" Lay Lay advised her.