Chapter 43 • No Love

Teddy began to stir in his sleep at the feel of the vibrating phone

Teddy began to stir in his sleep at the feel of the vibrating phone. He assumed it was his alarm, but after reaching under the blankets he realized it was Naj's phone going off instead. He could hear the shower water running, and he knew that meant Naj was up early as usual.

Usually he didn't go through her phone, but the alert that read Kane's name intrigued him. A while had passed since Kane spoke about getting her back, however Teddy never knew how it played out because he never asked.

Naj texted him the following day like every thing was cool, so he believed it to be. However now, he just couldn't pass up the opportunity to see for himself. Roaming through her phone, the first message he came across was from Ryann, saying her baby was on the way.

He knew Naj would care about that, seeing as though that was her best friend. Finally making it to Kane's thread, he pressed on it to open it.

KJ's Dad

Me and lil man are missing you. See you soon, hope you having fun at Lay's. Hit me when you get this.
8:08am
Oh yeah, and I already got your lunch order placed for when you get home. Didn't forget lol.
8:09am

Teddy could feel himself getting upset, but he just closed the phone and dug his head under the covers once more. He kept telling himself he already knew what it was, and to just take it on the chin. However he couldn't. In his mind, Naj was his.

He had been inside her so much the past few months she might as well have been. Not only that, Naj treated him like he was hers.

He had to admit it hurt like shit that she had even began to entertain Kane again, and by the way he was talking, she was back at home playing wife again.

The shower water came to an end, and a few seconds later Naj began to stroll into the room wrapped in a towel.

"Babe you sleep like a damn newborn" Naj said, seeing Teddy pretend to be sleep.

Teddy remained silent as she roamed around the room, getting dressed and putting all of her things back into her overnight bag. He could smell her favorite fragrance dance through the room, and just the thought of her getting cute for Kane irked him all over again.

"There goes my baby" Naj smiled, seeing Teddy turn over and pretend to wake up, "How'd you sleep?"

"It was alright"

She could tell he woke up on the wrong side of the bed, his face was frowned up and he hadn't greeted her with the usual good morning. She just shrugged and continued to get dress for the day.

Teddy headed to the bathroom, splashing water on his face at an attempt to wake up fully. After brushing his teeth, he made his way back into his room to see Naj fully dressed.

"You ready to go already?" He asked, side eyeing her, "We ain't even have breakfast yet"

"I know babe but I have to get KJ" she said, pulling her extensions into a high ponytail.