Chapter 44 • Pretty Girl

"I told you she would be home before you knew it" Santana smiled as he watched Ryann unhook Serenity from her car seat

After keeping her for a short period of two weeks, the doctors believed Serenity was healthy enough to finally be discharged from the hospital. Ryann had been counting down the days, as she began to grow depressed at home without her baby. She couldn't help but to feel incomplete.

She wasn't pregnant any longer, however there wasn't a baby in the finished nursery and no crying keeping her up at night. Sure, she sat at the hospital until visiting hours were over, but going home was just straight up torture.

"I know, but it didn't go as fast as you said" Ryann responded, "I couldn't wait"

"I'm glad you're enjoying motherhood, I was worried" Santana admitted.

He was happy that Ryann's motherly instincts kicked in immediately. He had read that some women wind up being detached from their babies once their born, instead of forming an immediate bond, and he felt like that would be Ryann.

Even she herself felt nervous about becoming a mom to a little girl, because she felt neglected by her own mother. However after seeing her baby girl, all the doubts she had suddenly disappeared, and she knew she could never neglect her.

Santana took a seat next to Ryann, and the two began to watch Serenity as she opened her eyes and smiled up at her parents. Neither could explain the feeling. It felt good that their new home was finally complete with their little family. Santana especially was still floating on cloud nine, and he wanted to ensure that feeling never went away.

"Take her sweater off, it's a little hot in here"

Santana said referring to Serenity's tiny crocheted sweater that Ryann dressed her in.

"You might be right" Ryann agreed, "I'm just trying to watch her temperature"

Ryann laid Serenity down onto the bed, next unhooking the sweater and revealing her white onesie underneath. At first Ryann hadn't paid the shirt any mind, until she realized it wasn't the same one she had put on her that morning.

Santana watched from the corner of his eye nervously, as Ryann analyzed the new onsie that her daughter wore.

Looking over to Santana, tears began to well up in Ryann's eyes, "Really?"

Smiling, Santana glanced back at her, "Only if you want to"

Ryann nodded, not hesitating to answer the question.

"Yes, yes" she smiled, "I'll marry you"

Finally the nervous feeling Santana had been experiencing all day had subsided. He wasn't sure what Ryann would say, but he took his chances anyway. After getting both her father and Alan's blessing, he went out and purchased the nicest ring he could afford, and couldn't think of a better way to propose.