Chapter 39 • Last Days

"I thought I was going to have to send out an APB in order to get in touch with you" The older man laughed as Ryann sauntered into his large office

"I'm sorry Mr. Taylor" Ryann apologized to the Music Exec, "I got hit with life"

"It was hell of a blow wasn't it? Life'll do that to you. But life will also bring you to people like me"

Ryann took a seat at the large modern desk, admiring the expensive decor that decorated the spacious room.

Pictures of plethora of stars, platinum plaques, and awards were on display - showing the success of Scope Records.

Taylor Thomas was dressed in an all Black suit, looking like money as he sat with a pinky ring on one finger while the following two held onto a Cuban cigar. He possessed a friendly disposition despite his intimidating appearance, Ryann could see that.

Before making her way to Cali she made sure to fill the label in on her pregnancy - which they already knew of through the media. Taylor Thomas assured her that it wouldn't slow up anything, because things in the music world moved fast - as long as she stayed active her name would be hard to forget.

"Yes, it certainly will" She smiled charmingly, "My brother and manager are down the hall"

"That's good, I'm sure my team is taking good care of them. I wanted to talk to you alone, just to get your vision, that way I can tell you if Scope is right for you"

In that moment, Ryann realized she didn't have a vision. She didn't know which way she wanted her career to go, although her and Santana had spent hours talking about it.

However in those conversations he kind of just led the way and she agreed, but Mr. Taylor was giving her a chance to speak for herself.

The two sat and talked for what seemed like forever, the older man sat back and listened as the motivated young woman in front of him conjured up what making music meant to her and the messages she wanted to convey.

She didn't want to be a bubble gum rapper, or over sexualized - she just wanted to make both of her cities proud when she finally made it big.

After what Mr. Taylor described as an enlightening meeting, he walked Ryann out of his office and set up a meeting for the next day with the rest of the label.

That's where Ryann would meet the higher ups and everyone would sit around and listen to her collection of work, coming to a final decision on her future with the company. Ryann was nervous, but the music executive assured her everything would be fine.

"How was it?" Santana asked, giving Ryann a kiss when she made her way over to him.

"It went great, we have to be back tomorrow at noon" she replied.

"That's good to hear, my babies ready to eat?" He asked, palming her belly.

"We sure are, where's my brother?" Ryann asked as she looked around for Alan.