Chapter 27 • Family ties

Kane staked outside of the Richard Allen Project house, waiting patiently for Kiera's mother to leave for her 8am morning job

Kane staked outside of the Richard Allen Project house, waiting patiently for Kiera's mother to leave for her 8am morning job. Checking his apple watch, Mrs. Johnson was right on time as it just struck 7:59. He continued to watch as she made her way to her navy blue Kia Optima, next starting the car and driving away.

Kane could remember all the times he had done the exact same thing, but on different circumstances. Kiera would sneak him into her home whenever her mom was out, the two fucking the early hours of the morning.

Meeting him at a temple party during homecoming week, Kiera fell in love at first sight. Stepping into the party, he was the flyest thing walking in a group of 5 other niggas that didn't hold a candle to him; Everything from his perfectly sculptured face to his long sideburns and straight dark hair setting him aside from ordinary guys.

Seeing her posted up on the wall, Kane admired Kiera's small frame - she was 5'0 short with chinky eyes and a pretty round face that adorned a short jet black bob. When he approached her, Kiera could feel the envious stares from the other females in the party that would kill to get close to him, however she had been so lucky.

Kane exited the car, next making his way up to the front door.

It didn't take long for Kiera to answer the door, her pretty face exposed as her hair had been pushed back into a scarf. Still healing from the incident, her right eye was slightly swollen and a light maroon shade.

"You finally decide to come see your daughter?" She asked as she folded her arms across her chest.

Kane let out sly laugh, irritating her.

"I'm here to ask you to stop doing all of this" he responded, as the two stepped into the town home.

"Doing all of what?" She snapped back, "asking you to be a fucking man? And asking you to stop tryna dog me out for that bitch!"

Kane blew air out of his nose, frustrated as he could feel he would get nowhere with Kiera.
"I want to take a paternity test" he demanded.

"Already done"

"What, how?"

Reaching for her purse, Kiera pulled a white envelope out in confidence, next unfolding a paper and handing it to Kane.

"Read it and weep"

Looking over the document, Kane could feel his stomach twist into knots as the numbers confirmed him as a match.

"This don't mean shit" Kane sucked his teeth, tossing the paper across the room, "I wasn't there to take that shit. I'on know what type of fugazy shit you got goin on"

"Nigga bye!" Kiera flagged him, "I don't have to lie to be attached to your stupid ass. I knew you would do this, that's why I got it done myself. You think it's hard to collect dna?"