Chapter 20 • Hpbd Kane

THE MORNING BEFORE THE  PARTY)

THE MORNING BEFORE THE PARTY)

Kane woke up to the sound of his phone ringing off of the hook, as well as his son wailing from his crib after being interrupted from a good nights sleep. Looking over, Naj's head was buried under her pillow - canceling any noise that would otherwise wake her too.

Kane reached over to his night stand to grab his phone.

"Hello?" He answered, groggily.

Getting up from the bed, he made his way over to the crib and put JR in his arms.

"I been blowing you up, where you at?" His 3rd older brother, Kyree stressed.

"You don't hear this crying baby nigga?" Kane questioned, "I'm in the crib. Wassup?"

"The duece got hit last night, almost every Bando too" Palo informed his younger brother.

Kane shook his head. He wasn't sure who was after him this time, but he wished they waited until the day after his birthday to fuck shit up.

"You got a name? Face, something?" He asked.

Laying his son down on his changing table, he put his brother on speaker as the two finished their conversation. Kane didn't know who wouldn't want to hit up his top money maker - every nigga in the city wishing they owned as much drug land as him. So with that, he had too many suspects.

"Not right now, but I'm working on it" Kyree promised him, "oh yeah, and happy birthday bro".

"Thanks bro, I'll hit you when a nigga up"

"Alright"

"Mhh who was that?" Naj asked, stirring in her sleep.

"Say don't get up now mommy, I been crying" Kane cooed in baby talk, as he held his son up.

At only a few months old, baby Kane was big Kane's world. He had to admit becoming a father was the piece he was missing in his young life, as it made him more whole and more humane.

He felt that his son gave him something to live for.

Naj laughed as she sat up, watching her two handsome men come lay down with her in bed.

"Happy birthday baby" she smiled, planting a kiss on his lips.

Taking KJ from his arms, she immediately began to breast feed him.

"Damn, can the birthday boy get some titty first?" Kane joked.

"Funny. Are you ready for your party tonight, birthday boy?"

"You already know. It's going up tonight, it ain't nowhere I haven't seen my flyer"

"Yeah, which means I have to look good" Naj half joked, "See what time your mom can take KJ. I have a hair appointment in two hours".