Chapter 32 • Breaking down

Flicking his lighter, Kane watched as the blue fire sparked and lit his dutch to perfection. Taking a heavy pull, he puckered his lips as he could feel the smoke fill his chest. Releasing it out his nose, he watched as the smoke formed into a cloud and then disappeared into thin air.

"Nine thousand, and... ten thousand" Chino counted as he placed the full stack of ten thousand dollars on the glass table.

"Yeah and that better be all of it, muthafucka" Kane smirked, rubbing his hands over the money.

"Yeah whatever, it's all there" Chino frowned, upset that he lost the bet against Kane. However fair was fair, and Kane challenged anyone who would bet him on the Heat vs. Bull game. Niggas didn't like betting big bucks on basketball games, however Chino took his close friends offer only to lose.

"I told you not to bet his stupid ass" Kyree laughed, taking the El from Kane as he was next in rotation.

"Man fuck that, if they still had Lebron that money would be mine" Chino sucked his teeth.

"Yeah, keep telling yourself that nigga" Kane laughed as he smelled his winnings.

The three sat in the middle of Kane's apartment as they watched the basketball game come to an end, Chinese takeout, weed and money sprawled across the expensive table. Since Naj moved out, Kane definitely didn't keep his place up as much as he used to.

Naj always cleaned, cooked and did his laundry - however now he was struggling to do it on his own. He could admit that he missed being catered to, but he knew Naj would be home soon if he had anything to do with it.

Scrolling through Instagram, Kyree stopped once he swore he could recognize Naj in a video posted from one of his followers. Gazing at it for a while longer, he confirmed his beliefs.

"Man, if you don't look at this shit" Kyree said, handing Kane his phone.

Skeptical, Kane grabbed the phone to watch the video Kyree was referring to. He was irritated to see that Naj and Kiera were still up to their shenanigans, fighting whenever they ran into each other as if it was war world lll.

After telling Naj that Kiera's baby wasn't his, he believed the drama would stop. However he was sadly mistaken. He watched on as Naj and Kiera's sister got that shit in, next Kiera jumping in and getting beat like a thief from Lay Lay.

Seeing Ryann cross the screen, he scrunched his forehead with anger. As far as he knew, he told Naj to stay away from her - as she represented the opposite team. He only got angrier once he spotted Santana enter the video, next pulling Naj off of the girl.

"This girl really tryna get niggas kilt" he shook his head, as he handed his brother the phone back.

"I thought you told her about fuckin with the ops. She don't know we ran down on that bitch brother?" Chino laughed, bragging as he watched the video.