Chapter 21 • Playing Dirty

"Mhh, what you cooking over here?"

Dressed in nothing but a towel around his waist, Santana strolled into his kitchen as the smell of bacon, cheese eggs and grits filled his nose.

"Some good food for my baby" Ryann cooed, wrapping her arms around him.

The two shared a passionate kiss, Santana's hands roaming underneath her silk robe.

"I just got off the phone with the tour manager, we'll be on the road in the next few days"

"What's our first stop"

Turning back to the food, Ryann began to take plates out of the cupboards.

In effort to expand his artist's fan base, Santana set up a five city tour across the east coast - New York, D.C, Atlanta, Miami, and lastly two cities in Texas. With everything being hot at the moment, he also wanted to get Ryann out of the city.

Only days passed since he ran down on the Ventura's, and they were already sending a few messages of their own.

"New York" he informed her, "you ready?"

"To be away for a few weeks, hell yeah" She exclaimed.

"I mean to work" Santana corrected her, "it's a lot of important people coming to see y'all. I need you to represent"

Ryann began to make their plates, giving Santana the largest portions out of the two.

"I know" she assured him, "Today I'm going to my apartment, by the way. I know you said wait until things died down, but I have to get some stuff before we leave and talk to Naj"

"You need me to come?"

"I'll be fine"

"Cool"

After finishing breakfast, Ryann showered and dressed, preparing for a long day of running errands before leaving the city for the next 6 weeks. Before she left, she knew she had to check in on her best friend and clear her name of any involvement in the attack on Kane

Like she predicted, people in the city were reporting their own versions of that crazy night - and those who knew she was fucking Santana immediately tied her to it. It made sense.

And now that she had been MIA for days, she knew things only looked worst.

Hopping into Santana's cherry red Maxima, Ryann put on her favorite Gucci sunglasses and pulled out of the apartment's lot.

She allowed the October air to make its way into the window as she blasted her playlist, her thoughts clouding her mind as she drove towards her apartment.

After months of not being officially employed, Ryann hoped this music tour would set her up to be independent once more.

While she was definitely living good - it was only the benefit of being someone's eye candy. And once things went awry, she would be back to broke.