Chapter 30 • Truth be told

"You had a nigga blushing hard as shit in the crowd" Santana laughed, recalling the speech Ryann had given a few hours prior

Taking his shoes off, he plopped down next to her on his Italy imported love seat.

"Aw" Ryann smiled, kissing his lips, "You were shocked?"

"I'm not gonna lie, I was" he admitted, "could've had a better title than baby daddy, but overall..." he joked.

"Well that is what you are" Ryann teased.

"About that" Santana began.

After finally accepting his reality, Santana decided it was time he give Ryann what she deserved, his loyalty.

He couldn't remember his life ever being as eventful as it had been since Ryann came into his life. Looking at her - her once slender face now becoming rounder as his seed grew inside of her - he finally saw a family of his own.

Before he could finish his sentence, his phone began to go off in his back pocket.

Seeing the unfamiliar number, he answered it.

"Hello?" He spoke into the phone, "yeah, I am"

Seeing the look on his face change, Ryann grew curious, "what is it?"

Santana stood up from the seat, telling her something was definitely wrong. She watched nervously as he wrapped up the phone call.

"Thank you"

Hanging up the phone, Santana didn't know how to tell Ryann the news he had just received.

"What?" She asked, freaked out.

"It's your brother" Santana responded, distraught.

"What about my brother? Tell me" Ryann's eyes began to water as she raised from the couch, as if she'd already known the answer, "where is he?"

"He's at temple, they found him in my car down penn town" he said, grabbing his keys, "he was hit 7 times, he's in surgery. We gotta go"

Ryann froze in place. Hearing the news, her heart began to beat so fast it felt as if it would fly out of her chest. It was as if the world had stopped.

"Babe, I know you're scared" Santana said, snapping her out of her trance, "but he's still here, they found a pulse. He's going to want to see you when he wakes up"

Hoping Santana was right, Ryann grabbed her coat and shoes and the two were out of the apartment quickly. She knew she had to make that drastic call to her mother, if the police hadn't already contacted her.

But at the moment all she could think about was her baby brother, as she sat in the passenger seat of Santana's car as he raced through the streets towards the hospital.

Finally pulling in, the two parked in emergency and made their way in.

"I'm here for Alan Saunders" Ryann said, panic in her voice, "he was brought in maybe a hour ago"