-Paul McCarthy- •Without Words•

A/N: This was requested by a friend of mine on Instagram, She is really nice and I love it how she theorizes about my stories. So if you read this, thank you so much I can't thank you enough. Plot: Paul and the Reader were childhood friends that got separated for many years. They've been longing to see or talk to each other but they don't know-how. They tried to write each other letters but they were too scared to face anything negative so never sent the letters to each other. Until one day, Y/N visited a pub where paul and the group are having a gig. She didn't recognize him until she heard his voice.

Your POV
I throw the paper away. You don't just say that, that's stupid! You don't just say 'Hey Paul!' That's just weird. You haven't seen this guy in years. All these years I've been trying to write a perfect letter. Thousands, maybe millions, of papers thrown away into the trashcan. I just can't seem to find the right words. I don't think there are words for this feeling that I have. It's very strange that he never wrote to me either...maybe he has the same problem. Probably not, he was always so open. He didn't care about what other people thought of him or what he said. Never. I wonder if he still has that quality.  I lost count of the days without him. I still don't know why I never went to visit him... I'll just finish the letter...well I'll try.

Dearest Paul,
I am kind of ashamed of myself because I never had the guts to send you any letters. I guess I just couldn't find the words and I am sorry for that. I get it if you hate me right now, I promised I would write but I broke that promise. I broke your heart probably. I just want you to know that I hope you're okay there and don't completely hate me. I really want to talk to you soon, even though I am probably too shy to say anything. I think of our long nights when we used to sing songs together and write songs. I hope you don't hate me and still care about me...Because I still care about you. I always have.
-Y/N

"Y/N, come on." Molly says "I'm coming." I say and put the letter into my bag. I rush downstairs and leave my house with Molly. We walk into the pub and it is very crowded, probably because there are a few guys singing on stage. I order my drink and talk to Molly a bit. Until I heard it...

(I don't know this song...a friend of mine said it was a dutch song and she translated it for me. So...idk....)

I know the sea, but where is she? Behind the horizon,

she called to me... She called to me.
Somehow a girl is as elusive as a ripple in the water.
Somewhere a girl is unreachable like the sunlight on the sea.
Somewhere is a girl singing the stars from the sky.
Somewhere is a girl and her song says come anyway!
When I close my eyes I hear her leave.
I wait but don't know her, Day and night
I hear her song ... and listen. Her voice!
Far as a Star...
And yet close...
If you can hear me?
Release me...release me

That song, that was Paul's song for me! I turn around and run off to the stage. The boys are walking off the stage towards the back "Wait!!" I scream "Sorry, No one else but band members allowed." One of the guys says "I need to see him! Paul, I have to see him!" I tell him. He chuckles "Paul, you know this girl?" He asks. He comes out and looks at me "Y-Y/N?" He stutters "Appearantly you do." He says. I run towards him and jump into his arms "I'm sorry." I say "About what?" He asks "That I never wrote." I cry "You're here now...you're even more beautiful than I remember." He said. I giggle and reach into my bag and give him the letter "We have much to talk about." I say